This is why Nebraska gets no respect

Apathy

We deserve no respect. None. We are one of the softest teams in the nation. Our coaching staff is a joke––an absolute joke from the head man to grad assistants. In an age where there is no margin for error in college football, we cannot afford to make TV audiences across the nation laugh at our product. In a fair world there would be no contract buyouts. As it is, I cannot imagine what Pelini has left to sell recruits for year 8, or what he would do with them if he were given a chance to coach them.

• Fire 2

I can handle being outmatched in talent. I can take losing games to teams who have superior talent. But this is egregious. We consistently lose to teams with far less talent. It's systemic. I can no longer even remotely entertain the notion that it's all on player "execution". This is in our DNA, and I can't see any other recourse other than making coaching changes. I'm sad to say it because I feel that continuity and familiarity are big factors for success, but at this point I am resigned to the fact that something must change in order to turn this ship around