****** What did we learn - Wisky Edition ******

I have learned and just got reminded how us Husker fans are a bunch of spoiled babies. We got spoiled in the 90's. At one time we Husker fans knew how to lose gracefully. Sure, I don't like seeing the Huskers getting blown out like this. The sun still rose the next day. Life goes on. There will be other games. If this loss has bothered you that much, like it appears it has to many of you, you better seek some help. It appears some of you may have mental issues. For the books I am upset with how the team played, and how the coach and his staff have performed. It could be worse. It has been worse.

I have been following this board most of this season, and find Husker fans well informed and very objective. So I hope no one minds that this Badger fan set up an account and drops in a few comments. Here goes..

First off, I grew up a big Husker fan dating back to the glory days of the '70s. So along with nearly all Wisconsin fans, we were thrilled that Nebraska was joining the B1G. Still are. Quality programs add credibility to the conference. And we all need more of that. What we all want is a strong division within the conference as well. We need a Wisconsin/Nebraska version of Ohio St/Michigan St. It helps us all in a world with the SEC shoved down our throats. Oh yea, and the rest of the conference could help out a bit, too. Lol.

Wisconsin is a good team. Some days we can even be very good. Top ten? Nope. We can't throw the ball for one thing. Overall decent talent, but not great by any means. And a team does need some balance. Even with MGIII. So Bucky probably is about the third best team in the B1G. Which is currently about the 5th best conference nationally.

Wisconsin is known for taking 2-3 star HS players and making them better as a team. Fundamentally they are sound. Coach Gary Andersen and staff make sure of that. So even though we may not match up from a talent perspective, we still have a shot to knock off teams that are better than us. Yet we still occasionally lose the ones we should win, too. And don't think that the Iowa and Minnesota games will be auto wins for us. We aren't that good that we can take anyone for granted. But we often do look a lot like Nebraska of old, don't we?

I really don't understand Nebraska right now. There is some good talent there. Probably more than the Badgers. I will be honest and say that Pelini's defenses always seemed suspect against the run. Even with that, I was shocked by what I saw. Teams that are fundamentally weak seldom beat good teams, regardless of the talent. Nebraska seems to fall in that category.

I know I could be wrong here, and I am nor that close to the Husker program. Something doesn't smell right. Bucky did hand the game over on a platter in the first quarter. I expected a hell of a rough one after that. The turn of events was totally unexpected. And shocking. I have read what a lot of you are saying, and I have to agree. The team, and loyal fans, deserve better.

And does Pelini always scream at his assistant's like that after a bad play? Holy hell.. Does the man know that a TV camera just might be on him? Its not that he is mad, he comes off as a prick. Sorry, just my opinion. But what quality assistant would want that lack of support in a boss? Let alone a potential recruit. All it does is make him look even more desperate.

I know that sometime in the future you will have ample opportunities to get even. Nebraska still has an identify and so much potential as a strong contender in the B1G and even nationally. But some things will probably need to change. Some big things, as many have pointed out.

Best of luck and hang in there. Of course it's natural to want to win every time we play Nebraska, that's just competition. But having a strong Nebraska would not only be fun and challenging, it's also what our conference needs.

• Fire 1

What I learned is that we are going in the history books for giving up the most yards to a single RB....can you believe that the legendary blackshirt defense will be forever known (contigent on record being broken) for that?! Just absolutely sad.

Not to mention that we have given up the most receiving yards in a game to Troy Edwards in 1998 with 405.

I learned that I wasted a huge chunk of my Saturday watching the Huskers get blown-the-F**K-out of yet another important game. I have a stack of tests to grade. I should have done that instead of watching that debacle...I guess I better get to it. GAWD THIS SUCKS!

For the past couple years I have not dedicated 100% of my attention/time to a Husker game. Instead I do something productive while watching/listening to the game. If a game is not on TV or I don't have that channel and the weather is nice, I will take a 2 hour or more bike ride. Do you have a home project that you need to get done? Paint that room your wife is bitching about with the game on. I rode my trainer (I am a competitive cyclist) for over an hour while we got curb stomped. Exercise releases endorphins and helps you cope while your team is being gang raped on national TV. So to sum up, always have a backup plan for your happiness or get something off your to do list. Even embarrassing losses shouldn't ruin a fan's day.