****** What did we learn - Wisky Edition ******

Execution and gap failure is pointing fingers incorrectly. There was nothing fancy about Wisc offensively. They ran between the tackles or off tackle. I counted 7 big bodied blockers for Wisky on most plays when counting TE and FB. They simply bullied through our defense. We countered with a soft base 4-3 defense but often swiped out a LB for Gerry. That's advantage for them, mismatch for us. They've got big bodied hats on a hat that's mismatched in size and strength, leaving our little secondary to stop Gordon and Clement. That's ridiculous.

I'm not a defensive guy, but we blew it with our game plan. We needed 3 real Big 10 linebackers out there with the addition of Gerry in box to help our Dline. That would have benefited us at the line of scrimmage and forcing Stave to not suck. Up 17-3 and I shake my head at our Defensive game plan.

• Fire 1

Execution and gap failure is pointing fingers incorrectly. There was nothing fancy about Wisc offensively. They ran between the tackles or off tackle. I counted 7 big bodied blockers for Wisky on most plays when counting TE and FB. They simply bullied through our defense. We countered with a soft base 4-3 defense but often swiped out a LB for Gerry. That's advantage for them, mismatch for us. They've got big bodied hats on a hat that's mismatched in size and strength, leaving our little secondary to stop Gordon and Clement. That's ridiculous.

I'm not a defensive guy, but we blew it with our game plan. We needed 3 real Big 10 linebackers out there with the addition of Gerry in box to help our Dline. That would have benefited us at the line of scrimmage and forcing Stave to not suck. Up 17-3 and I shake my head at our Defensive game plan.

If we had fast enough LBs I'd agree. Frankly, I'd rather have faster slower guys out there against that O, than slower bigger ones. Obviously, that didn't work today, but I don't believe our slow LBs necessarily fared better.

I learned that I wasted a huge chunk of my Saturday watching the Huskers get blown-the-F**K-out of yet another important game. I have a stack of tests to grade. I should have done that instead of watching that debacle...I guess I better get to it. GAWD THIS SUCKS!

Grade my test tomorrow, please.

I dont have nothing to say about this today. I said enough after our last 3 wins when I was supposedly in the wrong according to some for nitpicking over 38-17, 42-24, and 35-14, sloppily played, mistake riddled wins. I never wanted to come out say that this is what I expected (though I didnt think it actually be this bad but....) but I did say that IF WE PLAYED LIKE WE HAVE FOR THE LAST MONTH WISCONSIN WOULD BEAT US HANDILY. Change a word or two. i dont know. But that's what I said.

This team is still mentally soft. It's not as much x's and o's and talent this and 4 star that. It's a mentality. A tenacity. We dont have it. One thing goes wrong and it just snowballs. It's like their heads are so full of complicated bullsh#t that they cant let loose and just play football.

Bottom line. We really didnt learn nothing new again.

My point was I'm just not a fan of the All-White uniforms that's all.

Snow camo! If it would have started snowing in Wisconsin two hours earlier, we blend right into the field and walk away with the win. Wisconsin wouldn't have been able to pick up our blitzes or track down our receivers.

My point was I'm just not a fan of the All-White uniforms that's all.

Snow camo! If it would have started snowing in Wisconsin two hours earlier, we blend right into the field and walk away with the win. Wisconsin wouldn't have been able to pick up our blitzes or track down our receivers.

Well, at least we can shatter the silly myth that we play better in those unis now.

Pelini doesn't appear to be the guy for a program that expects to be in championship discussions. His program has head issues, and after 7 years, its clear he doesn't know how to fix them. He seems to get out couched frequently, especially in big games. NU's talent level makes up for many of the poor decisions/sloppiness that we've seen against lesser talented teams.

We don't have quality quaterback play. Considering we're on six years of questionable QBing, its clear there's not someone on staff that can rectify the issue.

There's no accountability. Players can play poorly and not get benched. Pelini's yelling and screaming doesn't seem to change the behavior. Was listening to a GameDay clip where Pelini talked about that he's not really a yeller during practice. Maybe that needs to change? Also, I'd love to know who this team "plays for". Clearly they don't play for the fans/state (I mostly blame Pelini for that attitude), but it seems like they don't even play for each other.

If Pelini had any guts, he'll humbly come out and apologize for this performance, and admit he's in over his head. He won't do it because he's too proud of his scheme, and we fans can't possibly understand what it takes to run a clean-playing, disciplined program. I really believe he needs a mentor type assistant, like an older former head coach to come in and run the O or D and coach Pelini up on how to run a program. This goes back to my first point. Unfortunately, I think he's too smug to believe that he and his scheme are the issue, despite consistently being proven otherwise against most quality teams.

I don't hate Pelini. I've rooted for him. The only thing I don't like about him personally is the attitude he portrays in the media that he's smarter than everyone else (very Callahan-esque). With that said, his teams have been downright D3-like against Wisconsin. Way worse than Osborne ever was against OU. We have to play this team every year. At this point, I see no way the status quo can be kept and ever expect to beat this team. This is two straight Wisconsin coaches that don't necessarily coach identically, yet both have no problem figuring out how to out scheme Pelini. After 6 out of 8 quarters being demolished by UW's program, there's little reason to believe the future will be any different under Pelini.

"A mentor type assistant" so you want a coach to coach the coach. A little redundant I'd say. Sh**t can the whole pack and start from scratch. Anyone out there need to see more to come to this conclusion? If so, stand up and be counted.

Someone else said this earlier. I live in central Illinois and am a Cardinal fan. Laugh my a** off every year at these Cub fans who get manipulated by their team's management, yet keep supporting their team. If the powers that be won't make changes we need to stop giving them our money. Are you ready to do that? If not stop bitching. For me. I'm done.

I don't know....We have defensive players running into each other on several occasions can anyone play smart? I'm willing to bet we have more talent on defense than Wisky and yet they defended us better than any team of white guys I've ever seen. Spielman called it playing smart.

I feel like we spent the entire two weeks practicing snaps to the QB cause we got that fixed....

Hate to know what the score would be without Wisconsin fumbles

Honestly; we really did have the more talented team on paper. I have been in the wait and see mode all season and while I had the fear that the same ole thing might happen to us one day, I was hoping we had cut the head off that monster and was done or beyond it. After the MSU game, I was skeptical but still had hope for Bo and still was on the side of "let this years results be proof enough to all that he has either fixed the ailments ~~~ or ~~~ he is the same coach he has been"

After today's game, he has undeniably proven the old theory is true --> "the best prediction of the future is the past"

Sorry that I am saying this but my Kool-aid drinking a** is done!

I hope the hype on the hoops team is reality because it is going to be a long winter without something to look forward too!

It will get uglier come next week against Minnesota and though we might beat Iowa, "might" I will not spend a dime following the team to a bowl game! I have done so for so many years but I have drawn a line in the sand and the honeymoon is over.

• Fire 1