Academics

I'd be interested in seeing how callahan's scholarship recruits have did in the classroom?  Seems like half of them have a heck of a time even making out of high school or junior college let alone academic all american.

Obviously well enough that the cumulative GPA for the team is at an all time high. If the kids he brought in were such bad students, the GPA would reflect it. It is not hard to do well in school, it takes hard work and discipline. You don't necessarily have to be smart, if you have a degree Benard, that should be more than enough evidence for you.

bernard----yur higher edumacation must have ben yur gaderating frum the 6th grad. ewe mus tof did reel gud.

Seriously, if you are going to make a statement about another person's education or lack thereof, you should think about using proper grammar. You made yourself sound like an Appalachain American.

Callahan: When we recruit, academics is the number one thing we talk about, everything else comes second."

I'll bet he really gives a crap about academics. That is def. political talk there. You don't get jucos if your interested in getting smart kids because 90% of them aren't to sharp. ONce we get all of callahan's recruits I don't think our academic all americans will be near as high. Of course we do have wonderful tutors... :wacko:

Ok, what?

I seriously did not just read "90% of Juco's aren't TO smart." Well I'm convinced. While I will meet you at the point that some people do treat JC's as 13th grade, a great many athletes use those two years to continue developing their skills, as they are still not fuly grown, or need more work, want to play d-1 and are on the borderline. Or maybe, they can't afford a 4 yr and need two years of a JC so they can get that scholarship. But maybe I'm wrong, and 90% of them aren't to smart. Good thing you are. And I'm also sad to hear that you think "our academic all-americans won't be near as high" It's prety amazing, you have discovered that your points become even more convincing and airtight when you completely leave out any and all adverbs. Add a healthy dose emoticons and internet shorthand, and presto! Instant Pulitzer. Let me try...

:wtf IMO I def. think that are aca. all-amer will real decrease in the near future. <_< . We will see Ohio and Buff. rise up and start to beat some teams maybe even us. You can write this down becuase 95% of the teams Ohio plays do not have JUCO so they are better and they do not play teams like Maine.

Well I need work, but someday I'll get it.

Also, many who attend JC's may be doing it for financial reasons. This is a trend that has started over the last 10 or so years. With the growing tuition of secondary institutions, many students, not just athletes, are going to junior colleges to complete the general education requirements and then transferring to four year institutions.

I'd be interested in seeing how callahan's scholarship recruits have did in the classroom?  Seems like half of them have a heck of a time even making out of high school or junior college let alone academic all american.

Obviously well enough that the cumulative GPA for the team is at an all time high. If the kids he brought in were such bad students, the GPA would reflect it. It is not hard to do well in school, it takes hard work and discipline. You don't necessarily have to be smart, if you have a degree Benard, that should be more than enough evidence for you.

bernard----yur higher edumacation must have ben yur gaderating frum the 6th grad. ewe mus tof did reel gud.

Seriously, if you are going to make a statement about another person's education or lack thereof, you should think about using proper grammar. You made yourself sound like an Appalachain American.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

[

Also, many who attend JC's may be doing it for financial reasons. This is a trend that has started over the last 10 or so years. With the growing tuition of secondary institutions, many students, not just athletes, are going to junior colleges to complete the general education requirements and then transferring to four year institutions.

Agreed.