What Happened to Our Team Psychologist?

Bowfin

I brought this up a couple of years back...but is any team more in need of a psychologist? Maybe a shrink could figure out how an entire team melt down so completely in these games the first time they hit a bump. It has to be more than poor preparation and poor execution, because absolutely everything went to heck simultaneously.

I don't mean the X's and O's, but it seems everybody from Bo Pelini down to the backups just totally lose their ability to function. I didn't start this thread to be sarcastic or be an ankle biter, but it looks like some sort of hypnotism where the someone snaps their fingers and everybody goes into a trance.

I know Osborne had a Sports Psychologist on staff. Maybe Eichorst needs to hire one and figure out what causes these melt downs, whether it's Bo's temper or we don't value mental toughness or leadership or whatever. Former players have all commented on the mindset of our current players not being where it should.

I don't have a clue, and I don't think the coaching staff does either.

I'm not ragging on the team or being an ankle biter, but someone else here has to see the same thing I did...

Comments?

I guess we do have some, as per this website:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205339251

Nebraska Athletics has assembled a professional team that includes Dr. Larry Widman, Dr. Todd Stull,...Stull and Widman’s expertise is enhancing a student-athlete’s ability to stay process-focused to maximize performance. The process includes planning and goal setting, composure, confidence, concentration, and commitment

I'm not impressed with their work, I guess.

The guy TO had did a radio interview with one of the 1620 shows a year or two ago. If I remember right, he said he was not retained after Solich was fired, and Pelini had not reached out. He also mentioned that there are very few people with his specialty out there. And a big part of what he did was get the players to be able to focus o football, by sorting out all the off field issues they had, so focusing was easier to do.

Thanks for the info, strigori.

I really think there is something to having the right mindset. Pierson-El comes in as an unknown freshman and proceeds to tell everybody that he's here to singlehandedly turn around our punt return woes...and pretty much does. How?...or more importantly, how do we bottle that and pass it out?

I brought this up a couple of years back...but is any team more in need of a psychologist? Maybe a shrink could figure out how an entire team melt down so completely in these games the first time they hit a bump. It has to be more than poor preparation and poor execution, because absolutely everything went to heck simultaneously.

I don't mean the X's and O's, but it seems everybody from Bo Pelini down to the backups just totally lose their ability to function. I didn't start this thread to be sarcastic or be an ankle biter, but it looks like some sort of hypnotism where the someone snaps their fingers and everybody goes into a trance.

I know Osborne had a Sports Psychologist on staff. Maybe Eichorst needs to hire one and figure out what causes these melt downs, whether it's Bo's temper or we don't value mental toughness or leadership or whatever. Former players have all commented on the mindset of our current players not being where it should.

I don't have a clue, and I don't think the coaching staff does either.

I'm not ragging on the team or being an ankle biter, but someone else here has to see the same thing I did...

Comments?

I think they do have one in the athletic department, however, this year I heard they have been workin with Dr.Bob Rotella. Chris brown worked with him in the NFL and Chris asked Rotella to help the team and also his brother drew most recently. If you don't know who Bob Rotella is he is arguable the most sought after sports psychologists in any sport but more specifically with golfers. His clients include Lebron, Rory mccilroy, many musical performers such as goo goo dolls, jay z, many CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, Kobe Bryant, nfl coaches, NBA coaches etc. hopefully the team continues to use him. Can't hurt at this point! Haha