Not ok today, and won't be next Saturday either

I feel like today's game is like Groundhog's day in the Pelini era. The team starts to give us some promise, and we think that Bo and his coaching staff have turned the corner....and bam...another humiliating defeat like we saw today. And what we usually see after these losses is the pro-Bo crowd continuing to defend him, and Suck-Up Sipple will write an editorial how it's just one game, and we should just all calm down. The players will come to Bo's defense and take the blame for their performance, not realizing that it's really the coaches that did not have them prepared for the fight. And then Monday or Tuesday come around, the sting has worn off, and we are just expected to focus on next Saturday's game, and forget what just happened on the field.

I'm not sure where the tipping point is with most fans, and more importantly, the Nebraska athletic department, but how many years will we continue to hear that it's ok if we suffer humiliating losses on the national stage as long as the team gets 9 wins. Does Nebraska football no longer care about winning championships, and merely playing in a decent bowl game? Is that the ultimate end for a once-storied program, and it doesn't matter how bad the ride gets along the way as long as we can compete in the Outback or Capital-One bowl? That seems to be the trend in the Pelini era, assuming that time will heal all wounds. But this fan is tired of Groundhogs day, and what happened on the field is not ok today, and won't be next Saturday either.

I feel like today's game is like Groundhog's day in the Pelini era. The team starts to give us some promise, and we think that Bo and his coaching staff have turned the corner....and bam...another humiliating defeat like we saw today. And what we usually see after these losses is the pro-Bo crowd continuing to defend him, and Suck-Up Sipple will write an editorial how it's just one game, and we should just all calm down. The players will come to Bo's defense and take the blame for their performance, not realizing that it's really the coaches that did not have them prepared for the fight. And then Monday or Tuesday come around, the sting has worn off, and we are just expected to focus on next Saturday's game, and forget what just happened on the field.

I'm not sure where the tipping point is with most fans, and more importantly, the Nebraska athletic department, but how many years will we continue to hear that it's ok if we suffer humiliating losses on the national stage as long as the team gets 9 wins. Does Nebraska football no longer care about winning championships, and merely playing in a decent bowl game? Is that the ultimate end for a once-storied program, and it doesn't matter how bad the ride gets along the way as long as we can compete in the Outback or Capital-One bowl? That seems to be the trend in the Pelini era, assuming that time will heal all wounds. But this fan is tired of Groundhogs day, and what happened on the field is not ok today, and won't be next Saturday either.

Every game where a top 25 team is played is like Groundhog Day for Bo.

And it's just like the movie Groundhog day - cause we keep seeing the same thing over...

And over...

and over..

and over...

and over...

You are not okay???

I thought I did well as a fan and held up my end, so I am not feeling mad, depressed, bitter, betrayed, short changed, or anything else. It's like one getting mad at Brussel Sprouts because they don't taste the way one wants.

If anyone feels like they are owed a win because they invested three hours in front of a TV set, then maybe doing something else with that time is in order. Something like volunteering or a rewarding hobby...or taking a nap, even.

Nothing will change until fans decide to stop going to the games because it's become pretty evident that "the powers that be" are perfectly happy with Nebraska being a mediocre team in a mediocre conference.

I agree with you, and began the "Let the Sellout Streak" end last year after the Iowa humiliation, and was surprised that there still were a number of Pro-Bo supporters that thought this was a dumb idea. In a situation like this, the ONLY thing that average fans like us can do is stop showing up to games, and jeopardizing the beloved sellout streak. I mean, who cares if we've sold out every game since 1962 if we end up with meaningless seasons.

The only other lever to pull to stop the pathetic Pelini regime is for big boosters/donors to hold back....that would also get the attention of the AD.

• Fire 1

You are not okay???

I thought I did well as a fan and held up my end, so I am not feeling mad, depressed, bitter, betrayed, short changed, or anything else. It's like one getting mad at Brussel Sprouts because they don't taste the way one wants.

If anyone feels like they are owed a win because they invested three hours in front of a TV set, then maybe doing something else with that time is in order. Something like volunteering or a rewarding hobby...or taking a nap, even.

If you are feeling good as a fan after today's performance, more power to you. Part of the perspective of being a fan is what you expect to get out of the investment you make in a team, whether it's during the actual game, during the week leading up to a game when you are socializing with peers, or perhaps in the off-season when one might follow recruiting efforts to see how the team is progressing. As a fan who invests a good amount of my time following the Huskers, it appears I do have higher expectations than you, and I do have more passion watching a Nebraska game than a game of two teams I don't really care about, but it appears you are just watching Nebraska games like you would any other football team, and that is fine. I guess you should feel blessed that you are able to endure such humiliating losses better than most fans. More power to you.