OWH's Barfknecht: "...collect those sacred black jerseys"

I'm tired of this "give" or "take" black jersey. This defense, and the team for that matter is talented enough to perform. Anymore pulling these jersey is like grounding your kid for being tardy after you dropped them off late to school.

That is a great analogy. I think Lee was being more critical of Pelini. He wasn't saying the players don't deserve the Blackshirts, he was saying Pelini doesn't deserve to be leading them.

• Fire 2

In our defense, we should have a linebacker in the 120+ tackles per season range. Melvin Gordon is still waiting for one of our linebackers to tackle him.....as Gerry and Coop would attest. Pelini said after spring ball we needed a linebacker to step up. It hasn't happened.

For christ sake TheSker, stop with this crusade of yours. It is worn out and quite frankly sad.

Do we have worse LBs than Western Illinois? A lot of teams have played Wisconsin, many have problems at LB, none gave up 400 yards. FOUR. HUNDRED. YARDS. To one mother f'ing guy. One guy, literally the most ever by anyone.

Bo Pelini's amazing scheme, that apparently has to have elite LBs to stop a guy from breaking the ALL-TIME RUSHING RECORD, doesn't work. His defense is responsible for the worst defensive performances in school history repeatedly.

Literally anyone can come in here and do what he does, beat the nobody teams. The ones we out-talent. Get our ass kicked by the above average teams and flat out embarrassed by the good teams. His defense, regardless of the names on the back of the jerseys and their subsequent star rankings, doesn't work. It has been good twice:

1. With the best DT in the history of CFB destroying the opposing offensive line and an NFL secondary.

2. With the best LB playing on Sundays and 5 NFL DBs playing behind him.

Anyone with professional playing experience can fake it through a season and limp to 9 or 10 wins with that talent on defense. (Which is exactly what he did) The problem is he can't recruit at that level and can't develop the talent level he can recruit.

HE ISN'T GOING TO MAGICALLY GET GREAT. Not after 7 years.

• Fire 6

We should have a safety that can make a play as well. I thought Gerry and Cooper were horrible the entire day. I would take the blackshirts, burn them, and for as long as Pelini is here, never show them again. It is a tradition that has no meaning, and in fact, every time they have been issued, defensive production has gone down. Nuf said!

I'm tired of this "give" or "take" black jersey. This defense, and the team for that matter is talented enough to perform. Anymore pulling these jersey is like grounding your kid for being tardy after you dropped them off late to school.

Read the whole column. Its not about the players, he's flat out calling for Pelini's job, and saying the tradition is essentially dead as long as Pelini remains in Lincoln.

For christ sake TheSker, stop with this crusade of yours. It is worn out and quite frankly sad.

Easy fella. It's observations on my part other than "we suck", "fire the whole staff", etc. This message board ain't gettin' anybody fired. I prefer to talk football.

Yep, you want to talk football so you come into a thread titled "collect those sacred black jerseys" and post a quote from someone, probably from a message board post, stating the problem is the LB talent.

Keep pretending you are more in the know or smarter than all of us, you are not. You aren't pulling the wool over anyone's eyes, although you sure try. Its like a Nazi propaganda machine with you.

Easy fella. It's observations on my part other than "we suck", "fire the whole staff", etc. This message board ain't gettin' anybody fired. I prefer to talk football.

Yep, you want to talk football so you come into a thread titled "collect those sacred black jerseys" and post a quote from someone, probably from a message board post, stating the problem is the LB talent.

Keep pretending you are more in the know or smarter than all of us, you are not. You aren't pulling the wool over anyone's eyes, although you sure try. Its like a Nazi propaganda machine with you.

It was my quote. I'm not claiming to be in the know about much.......other than Pelini's concern about the LBs. Not much wool to be pulled over eyes. How did you like the tackling by our LBs yesterday? And isn't this thread about our defense?