Kenny Bell Speaks Up

I have no trouble with Kenny Bell exhorting teammates to go out with a smile. None. It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. They've worked their asses off.

And they were humiliated last Saturday. They know that.

Guessing it was even less fun for them than us.

One could make the argument that Bo Pelini teams are simply wound too tight. They do watch the score. They do read the Twitter insults. They do notice their coach going apesh#t on the sideline. If the didn't care, they wouldn't feel the pressure. This is a team that definitely feels the pressure.

Having more fun might be a brilliant solution.

Beats curling up in a fetal position.

Having fun when playing football....sounds like a great idea to me.

I'm sure "HAVE FUN OUT THERE!" is exactly what Bo is yelling at these guys on the sidelines too.

If there was ever a person who deserved boos on senior day, OL Ken is making a hell of an argument.

Let's take him off the Christmas card list as well.

Better yet, let's have a big party with a huge cake and three kinds of ice cream, and our parents can hire a clown and rent a pony, and we'll give out hats and prizes and have a couple of piñatas. Then we'll invite Kenny, but we won't let him in the door, and he'll have to watch us eat the cake and ice cream from outside a window, and then he'll have to jump up and down by the fence just to catch a glimpse of us riding the pony and laughing at the clown and smacking the piñatas. That'll teach him!

• Fire 2

If there was ever a person who deserved boos on senior day, OL Ken is making a hell of an argument.

Let's take him off the Christmas card list as well.

Better yet, let's have a big party with a huge cake and three kinds of ice cream, and our parents can hire a clown and rent a pony, and we'll give out hats and prizes and have a couple of piñatas. Then we'll invite Kenny, but we won't let him in the door, and he'll have to watch us eat the cake and ice cream from outside a window, and then he'll have to jump up and down by the fence just to catch a glimpse of us riding the pony and laughing at the clown and smacking the piñatas. That'll teach him!

Hell yea it will. I can't wait to see his Twitter rant after that!

• Fire 1

The team is soft. Period. They got the sh!t kicked out of them on both sides of the ball. They gave up 408 to one guy. Glad GA pulled him or he could have had 600 yards....

Does Bo just come out and acknowledge the a$$ kicking, say we sucked, something has to change, what we are doing isn't working? No same old lay it off on execution, not able to adjust etc...and then I'm not into the bog picture, or I don't know.... (Corey Raymond comes to mind about getting punched in the mouth)

KB is just frosting on the cake. He's right. I don't know Bo, I don't see practice. I do watch the games. I did watch the most pathetic game on Sat that I have ever seen as a Husker fan. Pathetic. Horrible on all levels. From the play if the kids to the lack of coaching. Own up to it. Pull a Tebow and right the ship, BUT no. More of the blame everything, but your own (teams) play.

Some guys wear blackshirts, some don't. WTH. That again is a WTH teaching moment. Bo missed the boat on that one as well.

Step up. Own it. You win. It's coaching and the kids. You lose same thing. Its yours. Its your baby. Friggin own it.

Does Bo just come out and acknowledge the a$$ kicking, say we sucked, something has to change, what we are doing isn't working? No same old lay it off on execution, not able to adjust etc...and then I'm not into the bog picture, or I don't know.... (Corey Raymond comes to mind about getting punched in the mouth)

Step up. Own it. You win. It's coaching and the kids. You lose same thing. Its yours. Its your baby. Friggin own it.

This. So much this.

Just an example - I fell in love with Jeremy Pruitt (Georgia DC) after his defense got its butt kicked by a poor Florida offense. Pruitt is alot like Bo in that he hates the media, and tries to avoid interviews. But after getting his butt kicked .. ?

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/92581/pruitt-puzzled-by-georgias-run-defense

“I hadn’t been doing the media deal,” he told reporters outside Georgia’s locker room inside EverBank Field. “But you play like that and you need to come out here and look everybody in the eye and tell it like it is.

“They lined up and gave us a good ole butt-whipping," Pruitt said. "They run the power and the zone, things you see every day in practice.

"For four days, we probably had the best four days of practice that we’ve had all year. It’s a good learning lesson for us, because four days of practice doesn’t mean you’re going to play good on Saturday. You’ve got to bring the juice, and we didn’t bring it today. Florida did."

"It’s a choice," Pruitt said three times for emphasis. "It’s a choice each individual has to make. ... People try to impose their will on the other team. Today they imposed their will on us."

“We’re still dealing with 18- to 21-year-olds," he said. "You’ve got to keep the hammer down at all times. You can’t ever get comfortable.

"The big thing that we’ve got to do is first probably just give Florida credit. They whipped our tail today. They outcoached us. They outplayed us, all right?

"Ain’t nothing we can do but go back and look at it and fix it. And we’ve got to do it together."

That's a leader. He didn't make excuses. He didn't try to get fancy with explanations. He just acknowledged a team lined up and kicked his and his players butts.

Two weeks later his D went out and shut down Auburn's potent offense.

• Fire 1

Dirty Dan

@StepDaddyFinnin

#59 Matt Finnin

I'm so tired of this BS about Bo. Long story short, if a guy like KB tells you we'd fight satan for him, the whole team thinks that way too

Media and fans were too busy bitching all week to hear or write about how much fun and energy we brought to practice all week

@boshuskercat @RealMikeWelch and their dumbasses don't realize it detracts from our focus. Season didn't end. Indy is still possible

Dirty Dan

@StepDaddyFinnin

#59 Matt Finnin

I'm so tired of this BS about Bo. Long story short, if a guy like KB tells you we'd fight satan for him, the whole team thinks that way too

Media and fans were too busy bitching all week to hear or write about how much fun and energy we brought to practice all week

@boshuskercat @RealMikeWelch and their dumbasses don't realize it detracts from our focus. Season didn't end. Indy is still possible

If these players get affected by a few out of shape fans with keyboards, it's no wonder they're getting blown off the ball by other football players.

• Fire 3