Grade the class

Grade the 2006 recruiting class and why?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ya, losing Wallace, Walton, Deas and Palmer, along with our former 4-star QB recruit (name won't be mentioned again), would of like to have him in the pipe-line.

I give a C+. Top 10-15 for me would be a "B" and Top 10 would be an "A". So, am I a tough grader?! Ha!

Still a good class, just a couple players away from national-top notch class. But, it looks like we filled holes, so still successfull and growth for the program. Need a top 10 class next year to really compete for Big 12 Champ and truly "restore the order".

Real proud of the efforts of the staff.

Sheepdog Mark

Solid B.... I agree with ETR.....

This staff did a pretty good job..... Hate losing a few of these guys.... and hope that the one's that did sign, actually make it to campus..... All of the guys with grade issues could really turn this class into a very average to below average class if they don't qualify...

I think finishing in the top 3 of the big 12 should rate as an above average grade, thus I gave them a B

Guess one thing i have to keep in mind, at least for my own understanding, is NU is going after all high profile players now, and the chances for heartbreak is higher. That being said, if NU has another good year, record and bowl wise, that will give next years possible recruits more of an assurance that we are "back"....This class is very good, not great and most all needs were met. One thing i noticed, was the size of the recruits. Was there any under 6 feet? Another thing i noticed, is that i didn't get the impression we just "settled" on a kid, just "because"...I gave this class a B.

I gave the class a "B" as well. I really like this class, especially the emphasis on the db and ol positions. Agree with FF that it would have been nice to pick up a quarterback. Hopefully, Freeman's departure from the class won't come back to haunt us. But, I don't think you can blame Callahan and company for players switching commits at the last moment.

I like how Callahan described the offensive line. He said something to the extent that we were adding "girth" to our line, and he used hand gestures to emphasize their size. It reminded me how my father-in-law would describe the polled herefords that he sells every year.

I really like our WR corp. The fact that they're all 6'3" and taller will create some mismatches.

I give a C+. Top 10-15 for me would be a "B" and Top 10 would be an "A". So, am I a tough grader?! Ha!

Tough grader? So, every team's class BELOW a top #20 team would be a "C", "D" or "F"? You don't give a team credit for filling need positions. Wow!! You're harsh!! ;) I Would have given this class an "A-" or "B+" if we kept Freeman and Palmer or landed another big name recruit like Walton or Deas. The coaches did another splendid job recruiting this year, IMO. Can't wait to see how the new recruits compete and play on the field.

Like Callahan mentioned last night, it was about size this year and I think they certainly got what they wanted in the recruits they ended up signing. Most notably in the WR corps.

Yes, they missed out on a few of the big names. So, from the standpoint of :star 's, I would say around a B. Although I think I got what they were going after, for the most part. Given that, I'm goin B+

I gave the class a "B" as well. I really like this class, especially the emphasis on the db and ol positions. Agree with FF that it would have been nice to pick up a quarterback. Hopefully, Freeman's departure from the class won't come back to haunt us. But, I don't think you can blame Callahan and company for players switching commits at the last moment.

I like how Callahan described the offensive line. He said something to the extent that we were adding "girth" to our line, and he used hand gestures to emphasize their size. It reminded me how my father-in-law would describe the polled herefords that he sells every year.

I really like our WR corp. The fact that they're all 6'3" and taller will create some mismatches.

Tough grader? So, every team's class BELOW a top #20 team would be a "C", "D" or "F"? You don't give a team credit for filling need positions. Wow!! You're harsh!! ;) I Would have given this class an "A-" or "B+" if we kept Freeman and Palmer or landed another big name recruit like Walton or Deas. The coaches did another splendid job recruiting this year, IMO. Can't wait to see how the new recruits compete and play on the field.

"Harsh" is a harsh word, IMO, but it's your opinion. I was stating mine.

For me, I'm grading the class on the true basis of restoring the order in the next 3-5 years. For me, last year truly kick started the program to get to that end. If this year didn't just fill holes and be solid, I would have rated higher, the few extra players would have made the difference.

Perhaps grading is different in our eyes. In Seminary, we didn't have the 70=C, 80=D 90=A. Seminary was alot harder, 85 was a C, 90 was a B, 96 was a A- and above was an A. Why? Because life gets a lot more serious when the prize is bigger. As well, there's a big difference between "respectable" and "championships" in my mind. 3-4 classes like this in a row won't win championships, IMO, but I could be wrong.

For me, if you are going to be a big time program, get there and stay there, be a cut above the rest, the standard is much higher. It's real easy to fall into mediocrity. This class has more potential to fall into or let the program have a few holes if a few things don't pan out. A deeper, fuller class would have helped prevent that.

I won't take anything away from this class. I'm pleased. We just have to work a little harder to get over the edge getting the pump primped.

Just was giving my honest evaluation ... my two cents.

Sheepdog

I think that we will see a DRASTIC improvement in the O line next season. The coaches brought in quantity and quality at those positions.

I also think that we have stock piled a lot of tall fast physical receivers.I gave it a B+ . Had Palmer not flaked out, or maybe Davis or Benidict Freeman stayed, I probably would have given an A.

Folks I don't know how we fare against SC and Texas. It should be a hell of a lot of fun to watch though. :cheers