Rhode Island

Can we please stop calling it "Nebrasketball" like we invented it? We lost to Rhode Island. Rhode Island. We have never, ever won a tournament game. Let's pretend like we know our place. Yes, we have a fantastic arena and a great coach. Yes, things are getting better and we are winning tough games, but let's act like we have been there before. Even if we haven't.

Can we please stop calling it "Nebrasketball" like we invented it? We lost to Rhode Island. Rhode Island. We have never, ever won a tournament game. Let's pretend like we know our place. Yes, we have a fantastic arena and a great coach. Yes, things are getting better and we are winning tough games, but let's act like we have been there before. Even if we haven't.

Its basketball, bad games happen! Relax, as I do not want to hear rants this early in the season.

Its basketball, bad games happen! Relax, as I do not want to hear rants this early in the season.

Yes, bad games happen early. I get that. My point was that people hate Nebraska fans because we are arrogant. Maybe we could try a little humility for a change. Our football team is a joke and we have literally no history in basketball. Just sayin'

I have basically never heard that Nebraska fans are known as arrogant and that we are hated. No shame in being excited for your team and hoping they do well. No one is calling us Kentucky, and calling us "Nebrasketball" is nothing more than a fun nickname, not a declaration of our supremacy.

That's the problem. We can't see ourselves. What is your perception of Alabama fans? You probably think they are an arrogant mess. True, but their team is in the NC race every year. That's the difference. They are relevant, we are not. Yet, we act like it is 1994 every year, every game. It makes us look stupid. Maybe if we start behaving like we talk, like we expect, like we do things the right way, we can return our fan base to a proud tradition.

But for now, everything is broken.

I have basically never heard that Nebraska fans are known as arrogant and that we are hated. No shame in being excited for your team and hoping they do well. No one is calling us Kentucky, and calling us "Nebrasketball" is nothing more than a fun nickname, not a declaration of our supremacy.

That's the problem. We can't see ourselves. What is your perception of Alabama fans? You probably think they are an arrogant mess. True, but their team is in the NC race every year. That's the difference. They are relevant, we are not. Yet, we act like it is 1994 every year, every game. It makes us look stupid. Maybe if we start behaving like we talk, like we expect, like we do things the right way, we can return our fan base to a proud tradition.

Tradition is a fan word. If the kids are not from Nebraska, they do not care about tradition. They want to win and play in the pros. Its all about big business and TV exposure.

Our basketball fans are hardly arrogant. "Ecstatic" is a better word. Please take all the negativity back to the football thread. There are plenty of people over there to gripe with. We know that our bb team isn't perfect, and that's okay. We have rebounding problems, and oftentimes we play like 5 individuals. We're more relevant than we've ever been and are trending up. Life is good. Long live Nebrasketball.

• Fire 1

I remember a lot of intra-conference fans liking how much Nebraska cared for its basketball team.