Bo needs to go

Bo needs to go...staff changes won't fix us...I supported the man throughout (with the exception after the 2012 B1G Wiscy blowout)...at this point it has become obvious that Bo is the root of this teams problems (IMO)...therefore staff changes will not fix us

i'm with you

I heard this same crap about not getting a coach to come here to replace Doc. Guess what, we got a great coach and are not the door mat in basketball anymore. Let's do it again. Hire a company and have them search for a coach that meets a certain criteria. I believe in Bo, but his coordinators suck. Knowing Bo is on the hot seat, no one will come here that is worth a crap. Bo should have made adjustments last year. It's time to move in a different direction and clean house.

As a long time Ohio State fan I cannot understand how Nebraska can keep Pellini around just because he wins 8 or 9 games. All these years gone by since Nebraska was relevant in any national championship conversation tells me he needs to go.

Earl Bruce and John Cooper had better records than Pellini and both got fired. Both of these coaches spent most of there tenure at OSU ranked in the Top 10 and still got fired.

It would appears that mediocrity has become the norm at NU.

This should be bumped twice a day. +1 fair observation with clarity

Who is Nebraska gonna get? We are stuck with Bo. Nobody is going to come to Lincoln and successfully recruit. Nobody. Griese said it...this is the new normal. Nebraska is a mediocre Big Ten team, that's it. We couldn't beat Texas so we ran away from them and now...well...we can beat the bottom-dwellers but when it comes to playing decent Big Ten teams in November, we cower like scared kids.

Why can't we get someone to come to Lincoln and successfully recruit? For all his faults, Callahan could, and did, recruit well to Lincoln.

We ran away from Texas because we couldn't beat them? Where do you get this stuff?

From an academic standpoint, moving to the Big Ten was a very smart move. A Big Ten education carries a heck of a lot more prestige than a Big 12 education. And anyone that can escape the Bevo Conference is far better off.

As a long time Ohio State fan I cannot understand how Nebraska can keep Pellini around just because he wins 8 or 9 games. All these years gone by since Nebraska was relevant in any national championship conversation tells me he needs to go.

Earl Bruce and John Cooper had better records than Pellini and both got fired. Both of these coaches spent most of there tenure at OSU ranked in the Top 10 and still got fired.

It would appears that mediocrity has become the norm at NU.

The thing is, both Earle Bruce and John Cooper had 6-win seasons before being fired. Cooper had one more season after going 6-6, although he was fired after a pretty solid 8-4 season.

If Bo had won only 6 games in one of the past couple of years, I think he would have been gone right away. And if he wins only 7 next year or maybe even 8, the same will apply.

This year, I don't see it happening if he wins 9. But at this point I really feel Nebraska can't move forward with him.

I don't post on here much, but read every day. I've been blinded by my hopefulness,, Today (as with certain games in the past) Bo and his staff were completely out coached. Plain and simple.. Bo loses his cool and yells and anyone he feels screwed up. That one thing he does every game is his biggest fault at being head coach. He can't take the pressure. he is a good coach, just not HC material. Evidence of fact, IMO, When he first got here he took over a porous defense, turned it into a top 10 nationally, the offense struggled under watson, after two years Bo spent his time with the Offense, which in turn started showing improvement, then he turned it over to Beck. Then he tried being a HC and nothing fired on all cylinders.. This offseason he took the reins of the ST's, this season the ST's are vastly improved...Recruiting has improved the past couple three years, His learning curve is pretty good. His game day demeanor is his greatest enemy. Yesterday when Gerry was returning the blocked punt for a touchdown and Bo was running down the sidelines, that's when I new for certain, Bo is not a Head Coach, he doesn't have the right personality to lead men in battle when the pressure is on. In seven years, Not once has he consoled and encourage a young man after getting beat.. Example Davie yesterday. Yelling at him for not being in the right position. He may not have been in the right position, but was all over the receiver. He was just a little late to knock the ball out. Had he knocked the ball out, I'm betting Bo'sbs clapping him on the back about what a great play that was.. He gets beat and instead of Bo coaching him on better technique on getting his hands in to knock it out, Bo's pissed because he didn't keep outside leverage. Would that have made any difference, I don't recall seeing either safety close to the play.

The Head coach has to be a firm father figure, with both love and discipline. Bo has these qualities, He's just missing the most important one. Calm. he loses his mind when things don't go the way he plans it out. He blames everyone on the sideline except the real culprit, himself..If he remained calm during the battles of the war, he's find success so much easier to obtain. He gets frazzled which doesn't allow him to adjust to what's happening. Ah what the hell am I saying, Bo's scheme is exploited by good coaching staffs every year. It''s the same type of play over and over and over, I sometimes feel like I'm watching Ground Hog Day.

Bo needs to go. No matter what type of staff changes are made, the product on game day will be the same. If were playing a team we a far superior to, Bo stays calm and we kick ass.. If were playing a team that's as talented, more talented or better coached, Bo loses his cool every time and the team folds. The leader shows the way, when things go wrong it's yours fault and fingers get pointed, especially by Bo

I wasn't part of the fan base that wanted TO gone (in 78 I think). I was really concerned when he interviewed at Colorado. I couldn't imagine losing to Colorado every year. I haven't been part of the fan base that wants and has wanted Bo to go. I guess it's like osmosis, oh, I see it now. Bo is the problem, whether it's his judgement in hiring his assistants then micro mange them, berating them on national tv, getting in the face of anyone including refs if things go wrong. He is plain and simply a loose cannon on competitive game days.

I've heard fans go on and on about not getting a coach here due the difficult situation, be it recruiting difficulties, fan expectations, and such.. I'll admit I was with some of those reasons to keep Bo, however after the minny loss, it seems to me these past two weeks, that Bo has been out coached by whom exactly, a second yr head coach and a head coach that's won at every level he's been at. So yes, there are coaches out there that have the moxy to come into this situation and become much more successful that bo has.... Jerry Kill would have gone undefeated up to this point this yr with the talent at Nebraska. So would have Anderson for that matter.

Bo has to go for Nebraska to get back to National prominence. No championships of any kind will find it's way to Lincoln via football.. Now look at the coach we have for BB,, find me a Tim Miles of football..GBR