Question about Eichorst . . .

SE wanted to can Bo last year. You can thank TO and the BOR for the block

I have nothing but respect for Osbourne, but both of his picks to run this program have been flops. Sometimes greatness is about knowing your own limitations.

Love TO and the hiring of 2 crappy football coaches doesn't tarnish his contributions to NU at all to me

Nor for me. I'm not sure he should have much involvement in the hiring of a third coach though.

I have nothing but respect for Osbourne, but both of his picks to run this program have been flops. Sometimes greatness is about knowing your own limitations.
Love TO and the hiring of 2 crappy football coaches doesn't tarnish his contributions to NU at all to me
Nor for me. I'm not sure he should have much involvement in the hiring of a third coach though.

Oh I agree keep him the Hell away. Hire a search firm and conduct interviews etc. Then hire Mark Hudspeth

• Fire 2

Osborne didnt necessarily block it. He just contacted Eichorst early saturday morning and told him he HAD to make a statement one way or another before the state destroyed itself from the inside out. The main 3 boosters of substance save Bo at that point. And I've heard a rough rumor (R U M O R) that one jumped ship after last week and one was wavering. While it appears, and I as well think, that Eichorst appeared to be somewhat incompetent about this last year, I put my faith in him this year, with significant more time under his belt here, to make the right call now. Obviousl with the support of the right folks.

Osborne didnt necessarily block it. He just contacted Eichorst early saturday morning and told him he HAD to make a statement one way or another before the state destroyed itself from the inside out. The main 3 boosters of substance save Bo at that point. And I've heard a rough rumor (R U M O R) that one jumped ship after last week and one was wavering. While it appears, and I as well think, that Eichorst appeared to be somewhat incompetent about this last year, I put my faith in him this year, with significant more time under his belt here, to make the right call now. Obviousl with the support of the right folks.

RUMOR Has it that SE and Bo setup benchmarks that must be met this season. The only one of importance being making it to Indy. Hoping that rumor is true

RUMOR Has it that SE and Bo setup benchmarks that must be met this season. The only one of importance being making it to Indy. Hoping that rumor is true

I believe it is.

Bo's demeanor at the post game presser last week as it became pretty clear that meeting those benchmarks was not gonna happen says it all.

I pointed it out then and i stand by it. Bo looked defeated last week. He looked flustered but in ways, almost apathetic at times today. And in the post game today, he sounded extremely defensive and apathetic as well. he's gotta know. He sees what's happening on the field.

I believe it is.

Bo's demeanor at the post game presser last week as it became pretty clear that meeting those benchmarks was not gonna happen says it all.

I pointed it out then and i stand by it. Bo looked defeated last week. He looked flustered but in ways, almost apathetic at times today. And in the post game today, he sounded extremely defensive and apathetic as well. he's gotta know. He sees what's happening on the field.

I hope this is true

Seriously, does he strike anyone here as someone that will step forward and make a decisive decision? He strikes me more as a lap dog. You aren't going to hear boo from this guy until he gets instructions from his handlers.

Yeah, the idea of him being in charge of hiring someone really scares me.

I'm only afraid he won't pull the trigger. With his background the first guy he talks to on advice for a coaching hire is Barry Alvarez.

The decision on this will go through Osborne.

No it won't.

Oh I agree keep him the Hell away. Hire a search firm and conduct interviews etc. Then hire Mark Hudspeth

Let's take Shaw off Stanford's hands.

Seriously, does he strike anyone here as someone that will step forward and make a decisive decision? He strikes me more as a lap dog. You aren't going to hear boo from this guy until he gets instructions from his handlers.

I'm only afraid he won't pull the trigger. With his background the first guy he talks to on advice for a coaching hire is Barry Alvarez.

No it won't.

How did your breakfast with Shawn go awhile back?

Let's take Shaw off Stanford's hands.

Shaw has shown he can win with someone else's recruits other than that the jury is out IMO

No it won't.

How did your breakfast with Shawn go awhile back?

Can't say

No it won't.

As a single decision, no......but the likes of HH and Dan will know where Tom stands......actually they already do since they communicate regularly.