Question about Eichorst . . .

Seriously, does he strike anyone here as someone that will step forward and make a decisive decision? He strikes me more as a lap dog. You aren't going to hear boo from this guy until he gets instructions from his handlers.

Yeah, the idea of him being in charge of hiring someone really scares me.

I'm only afraid he won't pull the trigger. With his background the first guy he talks to on advice for a coaching hire is Barry Alvarez.

The decision on this will go through Osborne.

No it won't.

As a single decision, no......but the likes of HH and Dan will know where Tom stands......actually they already do since they communicate regularly.

That won't matter either.

I also heard a couple things today. Friend goes to the game in Dan Cook's box. He is high up in a company Mr. Cook is on the board for. Friend stayed at tailgate for most of 3rd quarter. Guess Cook wasn't there when he got back and he heard a rumor UNL officials came in and were looking for Dan.

Again, a rumor, but this guy is not a gossipy kinda dude at all.

I also heard a couple things today. Friend goes to the game in Dan Cook's box. He is high up in a company Mr. Cook is on the board for. Friend stayed at tailgate for most of 3rd quarter. Guess Cook wasn't there when he got back and he heard a rumor UNL officials came in and were looking for Dan.

Again, a rumor, but this guy is not a gossipy kinda dude at all.

Dan Cook was apparently pissed that Steve Pederson was fired. So without knowing him, I can say I hope he has no role in this decision whatsoever.

http://journalstar.com/sports/football/college/cook-not-pleased-about-pederson-s-firing/article_e5822f66-9159-5ea1-a94a-cb98055734a6.html

I don't know anything about this guy's management style. Has he ever fired a coach at any of this other stops? Hired one? What do we know about this guy's personality that might shed some light on whether Bo will be handed his pink slip?

He comes out of his hole once per year and if he sees his shadow we get Bo for another year.

Ok, boys. Shut down the forum for the night. We have a winner!

Seriously, does he strike anyone here as someone that will step forward and make a decisive decision? He strikes me more as a lap dog. You aren't going to hear boo from this guy until he gets instructions from his handlers.

Yeah, the idea of him being in charge of hiring someone really scares me.

I'm only afraid he won't pull the trigger. With his background the first guy he talks to on advice for a coaching hire is Barry Alvarez.

The decision on this will go through Osborne.

See below from last year after the Iowa game. T.O and Hawks are the two of the big players:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/osborne-regents-boosters-echo-eichorst-s-support-for-nu-s/article_8e359640-97a6-51f4-a745-2206502f56b6.html

“If they want to fire me, go ahead.”

That should have been the end right there. And sure TO supports Pelini, he hired him, and this is just one more poor choice. He reminds me of M. Jordan. Best at what he did, but failed when he tried to do something else. Maybe he is a little senile. Whatever, SE should be canned, too. And Bo-BO, hell he could work the dunk tank at the fair. When you knock him in he'll grab the bars to get back into his seat. Throw the next one at his fingers. That's getting the last laugh.

Osborne is a failure as an AD based on one coaching hire? Who still in the eyes of few (very few) still has not failed?

He also hired Darin Erstad and Tim Miles. He got a massive renovation of the football stadium, a practice facility for wrestling and basketball, built a brand new state of the art basketball arena, and then turned the Devaney into the most amazing volleyball facility in the country. Not to mention moving us from a chaotic mess in the Big 12 to the stability of the B1G and all of the financial gains that come with that. Not to mention the long term viability of the University itself with its entrance in the CIC.

Other than that, he sucked...