ESPN's Mitch Sherman:Welcome to the new normal at Nebraska

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bigten&id=111488

Trust in Pelini is waning, a reality unchanged by the result on Saturday.

No, this game didnt change anything for Nebraska, which is perhaps more disturbing than the alternative.

This is what you get now with Pelinis program. Theres no way around it.

As Nebraska stands one defeat from a seventh straight four-loss season -- it merits mention alongside the streak of six consecutive nine-win seasons -- fans and school administration must ask these questions:

Are the Huskers in a good spot? And are they moving in the right direction?

Nebraska has lost three of its past four November home games. Pelini is 10-6 in the money-making month since the Huskers joined the Big Ten in 2011, including a 4-0 finish in 2012.

I dont pretend to know what Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst thinks about this cycle of painful late-season weekends. Many people failed last year to forecast his moves.

It was a make or break season for him to me. Get to the Big Ten title and just be competitive and he would've been good in my books. Heck, I was willing to look past the Michigan State debacle, especially considering the run we made to almost win that game. That was a pretty good loss to a pretty good team on the road. Then we come back and look pretty solid against NW, and have our offensive struggles against Rutgers and Purdue.

But...last week was a real soul-crusher for me. Even if we lost that game, as long as we lost it competitively I would have been fine. Sure it would've sucked, but Wisconsin was ranked and Camp Randall is a tough place to play. Nothing wrong with losing a hard-fought game. But after losing the way we did, especially after being up 17-3 and surrendering 408 yards in pretty much 2 quarters, I decided that it was time for Bo to go. We haven't looked competitive for 4 quarters against a team with a # next to its name since forever. For Nebraska, that's simply unacceptable.

And now we've been beaten by f'ing Minnesota two years in a row? That same Minnesota team who was a doormat in the conference 3 years ago? Yeah. Ineptitude at its finest. No amount of coordinator change will solve the real problem. We need a new staff, top to bottom. I like Bo the guy, but Bo the coach needs to find somewhere else to work.

• Fire 2

It was a make or break season for him to me. Get to the Big Ten title and just be competitive and he would've been good in my books. Heck, I was willing to look past the Michigan State debacle, especially considering the run we made to almost win that game. That was a pretty good loss to a pretty good team on the road. Then we come back and look pretty solid against NW, and have our offensive struggles against Rutgers and Purdue.

But...last week was a real soul-crusher for me. Even if we lost that game, as long as we lost it competitively I would have been fine. Sure it would've sucked, but Wisconsin was ranked and Camp Randall is a tough place to play. Nothing wrong with losing a hard-fought game. But after losing the way we did, especially after being up 17-3 and surrendering 408 yards in pretty much 2 quarters, I decided that it was time for Bo to go. We haven't looked competitive for 4 quarters against a team with a # next to its name since forever. For Nebraska, that's simply unacceptable.

And now we've been beaten by f'ing Minnesota two years in a row? That same Minnesota team who was a doormat in the conference 3 years ago? Yeah. Ineptitude at its finest. No amount of coordinator change will solve the real problem. We need a new staff, top to bottom. I like Bo the guy, but Bo the coach needs to find somewhere else to work.

I was on the fence on Bo until Wisky. Felt the D had improved and ST was playing lights out in the return game. I figured what Bo concentrates on gets fixed.....Still wanted some changes i.e. Beck, Els, Cotton, Garrison, but thought Bo had changed. And then the Wisky curb stomp. Like you, a competitive (moral victory) would have been tough (losing sux), but acceptable. But the blowout and same "execution BS. And then to lose to Minnie 2 years in a row, with the 3rd string RB and a now hypesman QB...Particularly since Minnie hadn't won in Lincoln since the 1950's.......

I'm done. Even a coordinator change can't fix this mess. The team played hard today. In spite of the play calling. Bo and his fan blaming (has team believing we are the enemy IMO) and his whole we just need to execute crap can hit the road.

I like Bo's character, his loyalty, his belief in building young men for a life after football, but he was brought to NU to be a coach. A winning coach who could right the ship. Instead he has become a motivational speaker and life coach selling the fans snake oil in the form of a 9 win season....Just pay no attention to the man behind the curtain........

Beaten by a team that Illinois beat. That's bad.

Beaten by a team that Illinois beat. That's bad.

We've been beaten by teams that have been beaten by Northwestern and Illinois.

Dont kid yourself bye bye. There was NOTHING solid about the win at Northwestern either. it was sloppy and erratic that night too. Against a BAD team. But northwestern had us on the brink for 3 years, so 38-17 was awesome to many. But realistically, this team has been a step or two above garbage since the Illinois game. now that we're in the home stretch against 3 of the 4 toughtest teams on the schedule this year, the sh#t play has been exposed, and so far we're 0 for 3 against the only non-sh#t competition we've faced this year.

Michigan St. outscored us 27-3 in 3 quarters.

Wisconsin out scored us 56-7 after the 1st quarter.

Minnesota outscored us 21-3 in the second half.

We've blown 14 point leads back to back weeks.