BIGREDIOWAN - so I am not allowed to state the fact that your a mod? I didn't read that 1 in the board rules...

If you feel I am just attacking people I am sorry...my honest intention has been to encourage debate & discussion (Bo Pelini has still refused to answer my question).

Yes I may have come across as a d! (K but debate & discussion is my honest intent here. I do not feel that I have belittled anyone

BIGREDIOWAN - so I am not allowed to state the fact that your a mod? I didn't read that 1 in the board rules...

If you feel I am just attacking people I am sorry...my honest intention has been to encourage debate & discussion (Bo Pelini has still refused to answer my question).

Yes I may have come across as a d! (K but debate & discussion is my honest intent here. I do not feel that I have belittled anyone

I just did

You said "Big time mod" you know how you meant it, let's not try and be cute here. I can have an opinion whether I'm a mod or not, I don't care for him, he has personal issues and character issues, I don't want someone like that here. Simple as that..........

Po Belini - if you can read (and I am sure you can) I actually agreed with you. I said if you don't like Petrino due to character issues, fair enough. You are the one who brought up Bret Bielema's name in this thread so I challenged you to state your issues with him (besides leaving Wiscy after winning the conference & talking some trash about his former conference afterwards - both sound pretty minor to me. Having a coach leave us after winning a conference championship would be an upgrade at this point - care to disagree?)

So lets hear it then Po Belini - what are your issues with Bielema (you brought his name up?)

EDIT - read the first 15-20 posts to the thread you linked. Yeah that really proves alot

Once he left Wisconsin, he got into twitter battles with fans. I think that is unprofessional. His wife did the same thing. He cried about Urban Meyer recruiting tactics. Said he doesn't want the B1G to be like the SEC in their recruiting practices. Left the B1G to join the SEC. Hypocritical if you ask me. Talked sh#t on the B1G. Cried a bunch last year about referees in the SEC. Most of the nation think hes a douche. Once again, my opinion. If you are willing to look past all that because you think he can win a bunch of football games, that's fine. I think Nebraska could find a coach that can win and make the program look good, but that may just be me.

i agree with you. he is pretty douche-y. probably douche-y enough that we would not want to consider him.

i just sometimes think we go overboard with hating other coaches for things that we would probably find forgivable if he was in house. perhaps bret does cross the line. but, i don't know. most of it really does not bother me if i look at it objectively.

and, again, i really think this is very hypothetical because i am not sure this would be considered by anyone outside of huskerboard.

Po Belini - I already acknowledged that the guys a dick. I am not disagreeing with you there.

Thank you for refuting my opinion...yes I believe Nebraska is capable of hiring a head coach who can win football games & respresent the football program in a professional manner as well...but who?

My opinion - yes the guys an a-hole but I also think he could win games & represent our football team in a professional manner at the same time.

I am not saying he's the only coach that could do that. I believe there are MANY coaches who would be an upgrade over the current product at this point...I threw Bielema out there because I think he would kick ass once again in the B1G. & I don't believe any of the character issues you listed are that serious in the long run (our current HC has character issues himself).

Po Belini - if you can read (and I am sure you can) I actually agreed with you. I said if you don't like Petrino due to character issues, fair enough. You are the one who brought up Bret Bielema's name in this thread so I challenged you to state your issues with him (besides leaving Wiscy after winning the conference & talking some trash about his former conference afterwards - both sound pretty minor to me. Having a coach leave us after winning a conference championship would be an upgrade at this point - care to disagree?)

So lets hear it then Po Belini - what are your issues with Bielema (you brought his name up?)

EDIT - read the first 15-20 posts to the thread you linked. Yeah that really proves alot

Once he left Wisconsin, he got into twitter battles with fans. I think that is unprofessional. His wife did the same thing. He cried about Urban Meyer recruiting tactics. Said he doesn't want the B1G to be like the SEC in their recruiting practices. Left the B1G to join the SEC. Hypocritical if you ask me. Talked sh#t on the B1G. Cried a bunch last year about referees in the SEC. Most of the nation think hes a douche. Once again, my opinion. If you are willing to look past all that because you think he can win a bunch of football games, that's fine. I think Nebraska could find a coach that can win and make the program look good, but that may just be me.

i agree with you. he is pretty douche-y. probably douche-y enough that we would not want to consider him.

i just sometimes think we go overboard with hating other coaches for things that we would probably find forgivable if he was in house. perhaps bret does cross the line. but, i don't know. most of it really does not bother me if i look at it objectively.

and, again, i really think this is very hypothetical because i am not sure this would be considered by anyone outside of huskerboard.

You're probably right on that. Until he leaves, then we will hate him for it just like Wisconsin fans. He doesn't seem like a guy who would stay at one spot for a long period of time.

BIGTEDIOWAN - I wasn't trying (whatsoever) to be "cute". If you're that offended by being called "big time mod" over an internet message board I think you're a little bit too sensitive (just my opinion).

EDIT - Since you mentioned it lets hear his character issues then (besides he won the B1G championship (more than Pelini ever did), then left for another job, possibly without giving the school ample warning...& in general he's an a-hole.) I won't dispute those 2 points...they've already been brought up...I've already acknowledged them. They're both petty IMO. So what other character issues are you referring to BIGREDIOWAN?

You're probably right on that. Until he leaves, then we will hate him for it just like Wisconsin fans. He doesn't seem like a guy who would stay at one spot for a long period of time.

I agree that there's a lot of sour grapes with Wisconsin fans, however there are many that believe that he owed his success to Paul Chryst. After Chryst left for Pitt, the timing was right for Bielema to bolt to Arkansas before his stock started to decline.

I just don't see Bielema. He has an enormous buy-out clause ($12.8 million). He allegedly left Wisconsin because he wasn't allowed to pay his assistants what they wanted - Arkansas is paying top dollar for his assistants. I don't see the University spending that kind of cash when other candidates are out there for less. Additionally, I think he wants to remain at Arkansas for a time just to win the SEC and thumb his nose at everyone who said he couldn't do it.

Just read it (won't agree or disagree with your statement because I am not knowledgeable enough to do so). All I know is the dude won at least 1 big game at Arkansas (2010 vs LSU...had them in a BCS bowl game same year w/ a competitive loss). Louisville has been pretty respectable this year as well (in his 1st season there). I won't argue the character issues sounds like he has a few (I will argue whether or not it is that much different from our current situation).

EDIT - I will add...in regard to post #10...I looked it up on google & failed to find any evidence of someone named "Strong" being DC at Arkansas. It said Charlie Strong was DC at CENTRAL ARKANSAS ftom 1980-1983 is that what you're referring to??? Because I googled it & couldn't find any evidence of someone named Strong being defensive coordinator at Arkansas in recent years

Just read it (won't agree or disagree with your statement because I am not knowledgeable enough to do so). All I know is the dude won at least 1 big game at Arkansas (2010 vs LSU...had them in a BCS bowl game same year w/ a competitive loss). Louisville has been pretty respectable this year as well (in his 1st season there). I won't argue the character issues sounds like he has a few (I will argue whether or not it is that much different from our current situation).

Unless Bo is cheating on his wife and almost killed his mistress on a motorcycle. I also don't recall Bo ever leaving a note for his team in the middle of the season saying he was done, either. So yes, Id say its a little different than our current coach yelling a few profanities.

On the surface, what Petrino did at Arkansas was great. But his lack of recruiting was catching up to him - that's the real reason Arkansas crashed and has been down for three years now. He also alienated a lot of the major boosters - the guy is abrasive, imperialistic, and aloof. And that was on his good days. The kids he recruited were constantly on the verge of losing academic status - Bielema ended up kicking a ton of kids off the team because they simply would not stay eligible or out of the police station. He was a NCAA probation waiting to happen.

As much as I want the program back to where it was, I credit Bo with keeping the program clean, keeping the kids eligible (and recruiting mostly kids with good character), and recruiting better athletes on defense than Petrino ever attempted to recruit.