I just don't see Bielema. He has an enormous buy-out clause ($12.8 million). He allegedly left Wisconsin because he wasn't allowed to pay his assistants what they wanted - Arkansas is paying top dollar for his assistants. I don't see the University spending that kind of cash when other candidates are out there for less. Additionally, I think he wants to remain at Arkansas for a time just to win the SEC and thumb his nose at everyone who said he couldn't do it.

i don't see it either. and it is not something i am even really hoping for. but it does make sense on paper (power run, focus on the trenches, won the big 10, we could pay his assistants, etc.).

i doubt he would even be approached. and he is building something in arkansas, so i doubt he would listen. he does seem to be a good fit there.

i think po is right that we could do better. but i would like to see that style of play (what he did at wiscy and is doing at arky) come to nebraska.

BIGTEDIOWAN - I wasn't trying (whatsoever) to be "cute". If you're that offended by being called "big time mod" over an internet message board I think you're a little bit too sensitive (just my opinion).

EDIT - Since you mentioned it lets hear his character issues then (besides he won the B1G championship (more than Pelini ever did), then left for another job, possibly without giving the school ample warning...& in general he's an a-hole.) I won't dispute those 2 points...they've already been brought up...I've already acknowledged them. They're both petty IMO. So what other character issues are you referring to BIGREDIOWAN?

I was talking about Petrino, not Bielema.............Petrino's problems are well documented.

BIGREDIOWAN - Ok fair enough you are correct you were referring to Petrino when responding to me.

Discussing the possibility of hiring Petrino was my original intention for this thread (Po Belini brought up Bielema (brought up by me in different threads - which changed this thread for how I saw it.) But you were referring to Petrino...not Bielema...so I am wrong. When Bielema was brought up I changed all my posts to discuss Bielema instead of Petrino (original intent of original post).

I am man enough to admit that I am wrong here because I was arguing something with you that you never disputed (like an idiot). You win this one

Sorry if I came across like a d1#^ on this thread I was kinda hammered last night. Still can't believe we lost to Minnesota...

Dude, i got hammered yesterday too... during the game. I never drink during the game but something told me to bring the flask yesterday, I am glad I did because I cant really remember how crap I felt for losing to Minnesota. For crying out loud, we jumped from a better conference where losses were somewhat palatable, but to join the weak azz big ten for money and then we keep getting punked by nobody programs, there are no words. no disrespect to the fans of those programs, but we might as well be Indiana or Kansas right now!!

Googled it again...still can't find any evidence of a "Strong" having anything to do with Razorback defense in the past 10 years.

***SNIP***

I was speaking of Charlie Strong, whom Petrino replaced at Louisville. Louisville has a good defense this year, but it's due to Strong's classes of recruits and previous coaching. If you examine Arkansas' defense in the Petrino years, it was mediocre to poor. That's his history.

how did bret leave them high and dry?

he left them with a rose bowl victory. pretty cool if you ask me. and i forgot what he said about the big 10, but he is not the only one disparaging this once proud conference. and i am sure if he was coaching here, many would be defending his personality. just like many defended bo's, even after bo told us to f#*k ourselves.

but, yeah, a big fat no to petrino. that guy is slime.

You might want to go recheck that, he never won a Rose Bowl with Wisky. He went there a few times, but never won one.