Po Belini - whatever you said about Petrino is probably true (I don't know...I just know the dude wins football games).

I am also the one who suggested Bret Bielema. Besides the dudes weight & the fact that he's a dick...what do you have against the guy? Look at Arkansas' 2014 schedule & results...yes Arkansas is 6-5 but his team is more competitive than we are

EDIT - Po Belini - you don't like the idea of hiring Petrino due to character issues...fair enough. Since you brought up character issues...lets hear your grievances against Bielema (since you're the one who brought up his name in this thread).

how did bret leave them high and dry?

he left them with a rose bowl victory. pretty cool if you ask me. and i forgot what he said about the big 10, but he is not the only one disparaging this once proud conference. and i am sure if he was coaching here, many would be defending his personality. just like many defended bo's, even after bo told us to f#*k ourselves.

but, yeah, a big fat no to petrino. that guy is slime.

He gave them no indication at all he was going to take the Arkansas job or that he was even looking for a new job. Just one day said, Im gone. I don't care if he went out with a win, that's still leaving the high and dry to me.

how did bret leave them high and dry?

he left them with a rose bowl victory. pretty cool if you ask me. and i forgot what he said about the big 10, but he is not the only one disparaging this once proud conference. and i am sure if he was coaching here, many would be defending his personality. just like many defended bo's, even after bo told us to f#*k ourselves.

but, yeah, a big fat no to petrino. that guy is slime.

He gave them no indication at all he was going to take the Arkansas job or that he was even looking for a new job. Just one day said, Im gone. I don't care if he went out with a win, that's still leaving the high and dry to me.

that is how most coaches leave. and most coaches get fired with little notice. the business side of coaching is not always pretty. and because wisconsin is well ran, they seem to have recovered pretty well.

Po Belini - I see you have responded to sd'sker but not myself.

So I take it the fact that Bret Bielema left Wisconsin after winning the B1G & then talked trash on our conference after leaving is your only issue with him? Gee, thats a great reason not to try to hire a proven competitive head football coach. I would much rather have things the way they are...I totally see your point of view

EDIT - I guess my point here...I think probably alot of fans would want to have a head coach with Tom Osborne's qualities. Which is why alot would be opposed to hiring someone like Petrino (fair enough).

My point...there isn't going to be another Tom Osborne. Bo Pelini conducts himself nothing like Tom Osborne did. So yeah...a guy like Bielema will not be comparable to Tom Osborne...not even close...but guess what? The dude can coach some #/^&ing football

You guys are right. I was wrong. Now that I think about it I am completely fine with losing to Minnesota & Iowa every year with the addition of 2 additional losses...both likely games where we get at least 50 hung on us. Lets keep things the way they are. Seeing huskerfan92 post "dear god no" & big time mod BIGREDIOWAN post "No thanks......." is enough to convince me that the status quo is just fine. Being competitive is overrated

EDIT - huskermike84's post of "nope" has even furthered my previously stated opinions

ANOTHER EDIT - I also want to remind everyone that after the 2012 Wiscy embarrassment I made a few posts suggesting "Hey lets try to hire Mark Dantonio his team his pretty competitive." The posters who responded to me made more or less the same type of responses as Po Belini, huskerfan92, BIGREDIOWAN, & huskermike84. Dude is now the 2nd highest paid head coach in college football...because he won games...

So I take it the fact that Bret Bielema left Wisconsin after winning the B1G & then talked trash on our conference after leaving is your only issue with him? Gee, thats a great reason not to try to hire a proven competitive head football coach. I would much rather have things the way they are...I totally see your point of view

EDIT - I guess my point here...I think probably alot of fans would want to have a head coach with Tom Osborne's qualities. Which is why alot would be opposed to hiring someone like Petrino (fair enough).

My point...there isn't going to be another Tom Osborne. Bo Pelini conducts himself nothing like Tom Osborne did. So yeah...a guy like Bielema will not be comparable to Tom Osborne...not even close...but guess what? The dude can coach some #/^&ing football

Read this thread. Collection of Husker fans, Michigan fans, Ohio St. fans, and Wisconsin fans share their thoughts on BB

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/63081-bielema-to-arkansas/

Now, if you want someone like that to run this program, I guess its fine. But I want someone who will not only win games, but be respected by people across the country.

You guys are right. I was wrong. Now that I think about it I am completely fine with losing to Minnesota & Iowa every year with the addition of 2 additional losses...both likely games where we get at least 50 hung on us. Lets keep things the way they are. Seeing huskerfan92 post "dear god no" & big time mod BIGREDIOWAN post "No thanks......." is enough to convince me that the status quo is just fine. Being competitive is overrated

EDIT - huskermike84's post of "nope" has even furthered my previously stated opinions

This thread is about hiring Bobby Petrino, not firing Bo Pelini. They are saying no thanks to the former, not the latter.

• Fire 1

Read this thread. Collection of Husker fans, Michigan fans, Ohio St. fans, and Wisconsin fans share their thoughts on BB

Now, if you want someone like that to run this program, I guess its fine. But I want someone who will not only win games, but be respected by people across the country.

husker fans hate the coach that embarrassed them 2 out of 3 times? color me shocked. and a lot of the rest of that thread seems like sour grapes. he's douche-ness is a pretty minor personality flaw. and this argument is pretty frivolous because i just think he is a good coach. really have not considered the extremely remote possibility of him coaching here.

edit: and not so high and dry:

@BTNRickPizzo: #Badgers source tells me Barry Alvarez was also aware of #bretbielema plans to leave prior to end of regular season.

Po Belini - if you can read (and I am sure you can) I actually agreed with you. I said if you don't like Petrino due to character issues, fair enough. You are the one who brought up Bret Bielema's name in this thread so I challenged you to state your issues with him (besides leaving Wiscy after winning the conference & talking some trash about his former conference afterwards - both sound pretty minor to me. Having a coach leave us after winning a conference championship would be an upgrade at this point - care to disagree?)

So lets hear it then Po Belini - what are your issues with Bielema (you brought his name up?)

EDIT - read the first 15-20 posts to the thread you linked. Yeah that really proves alot

husker fans hate the coach that embarrassed them 2 out of 3 times? color me shocked. and a lot of the rest of that thread seems like sour grapes. he's douche-ness is a pretty minor personality flaw. and this argument is pretty frivolous because i just think he is a good coach. really have not considered the extremely remote possibility of him coaching here.

edit: and not so high and dry:

@BTNRickPizzo: #Badgers source tells me Barry Alvarez was also aware of #bretbielema plans to leave prior to end of regular season.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/football/bret-bielema-leaves-wisconsin-for-arkansas-barry-alvarez-other-close/article_587550ee-3e4e-11e2-aa07-001a4bcf887a.html

This article would disagree with that last tweet.

ANOTHER EDIT - I also want to remind everyone that after the 2012 Wiscy embarrassment I made a few posts suggesting "Hey lets try to hire Mark Dantonio his team his pretty competitive." The posters who responded to me made more or less the same type of responses as Po Belini, huskerfan92, BIGREDIOWAN, & huskermike84. Dude is now the 2nd highest paid head coach in college football...because he won games...

Listen dude, you are borderline attacking people at this point because they are giving their opinion. Just because you don't agree with it and they don't agree with you doesn't mean you get to start acting ridiculous and throw a fit. What the heck does me being a mod have to do with anything? You brought it up, so you can answer that question for me.

I simply said "No Thanks....." Why? Because the guy is a train wreck, I'd rather not higher a personal train wreck that has issues with things he shouldn't be doing with his staff. None of us said we were okay with the status quo, you're trying too hard, we just said we don't much care for Petrino.

Po Belini - if you can read (and I am sure you can) I actually agreed with you. I said if you don't like Petrino due to character issues, fair enough. You are the one who brought up Bret Bielema's name in this thread so I challenged you to state your issues with him (besides leaving Wiscy after winning the conference & talking some trash about his former conference afterwards - both sound pretty minor to me. Having a coach leave us after winning a conference championship would be an upgrade at this point - care to disagree?)

So lets hear it then Po Belini - what are your issues with Bielema (you brought his name up?)

EDIT - read the first 15-20 posts to the thread you linked. Yeah that really proves alot

Once he left Wisconsin, he got into twitter battles with fans. I think that is unprofessional. His wife did the same thing. He cried about Urban Meyer recruiting tactics. Said he doesn't want the B1G to be like the SEC in their recruiting practices. Left the B1G to join the SEC. Hypocritical if you ask me. Talked sh#t on the B1G. Cried a bunch last year about referees in the SEC. Most of the nation think hes a douche. Once again, my opinion. If you are willing to look past all that because you think he can win a bunch of football games, that's fine. I think Nebraska could find a coach that can win and make the program look good, but that may just be me.