what is teh best way to move forward with Bo

dtbugeater

If we hire a new OC/DC coordinator and let them run what they want, what is the purpose of Bo Pelini? What does Bo bring to the table as a head coach? What purpose does he serve? I have no idea what the answer to those questions are, someone please fill me in?

Be that face of the program, basically.

If we hire a new OC/DC coordinator and let them run what they want, what is the purpose of Bo Pelini? What does Bo bring to the table as a head coach? What purpose does he serve? I have no idea what the answer to those questions are, someone please fill me in?

Be that face of the program, basically.

bo-best.jpg
A face only a mother could love, I guess.

That's my point. His only upside was his defensive mind which now appears is no longer present. He is not a good recruiter. He is a PR nightmare. I just don't see what point Bo serves and why he should be given another chance with new coordinators. If we are going to go the new coordinators route, we might as well just clean house.

Beck has to go and I think he will one way or another. Hire a quality OC that you think can give this offense an identity and consistent strategy. Defensively, a new scheme is needed. I think that is pretty obvious. You can bring in a new DC but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Bo won't fire/hire new people, got to run his ass off if you want change!

Have a group of football minds associated with the Husker program, excluding Bo and his staff, do research on the following:

1. What type of football schemes do we want to run, both offense and defense...who do we want to be in other words.

2. Determine the absolute best OC and DC that money can buy, then open the check book and buy them.

3. Mandate that Bo can coach only from the press box.

This is all assuming that we have to "keep" Bo. By agreeing to keep Bo and do these three things, Bo would no keep us, and the issue would be nicely resolved.