****** What Did We Learn - Hawkeye Edition ******

walksalone

1. Then more coaches would win 70%. But they don't. But we've tread this ground already.2. What happened to the schools that fired those 2 coaches?

1. What??? Most coaches DO win that much - over 65% of them. What you just said makes no logical sense it's not even a real sentence. If a good majority of people in a group can accomplish something, then that accomplishment isn't much of one.

2. Tennessee went on a 30 year run of success winning at a similar percentage but including conference championships, and a national championship. Georgia hired Mark Richt, who has 2 conference titles, 7 title game appearances, and a lot of really impressive bowl showings.

1. You must be drunk. Bo has the 23rd best win percentage of active coaches. Only 24 have 70% winning percentage. http://www.coacheshotseat.com/WinningestActiveCoachesIA.htm

I'm not the best at math but 25/120 is less that .65 right?

2. The same Georgia that lost to us last year?

yeah, that georgia, the one that embarrassed us the year before. a game after they were a game away from the national championship and a game after we got embarrassed by a 7-5 wisconsin.

that georgia.

So the one we beat. Last year.

1. Then more coaches would win 70%. But they don't. But we've tread this ground already.2. What happened to the schools that fired those 2 coaches?

1. What??? Most coaches DO win that much - over 65% of them. What you just said makes no logical sense it's not even a real sentence. If a good majority of people in a group can accomplish something, then that accomplishment isn't much of one.

2. Tennessee went on a 30 year run of success winning at a similar percentage but including conference championships, and a national championship. Georgia hired Mark Richt, who has 2 conference titles, 7 title game appearances, and a lot of really impressive bowl showings.

1. You must be drunk. Bo has the 23rd best win percentage of active coaches. Only 24 have 70% winning percentage. http://www.coacheshotseat.com/WinningestActiveCoachesIA.htm

yeah, that georgia, the one that embarrassed us the year before. a game after they were a game away from the national championship and a game after we got embarrassed by a 7-5 wisconsin.

that georgia.

So the one we beat. Last year.

yeah. when we were good, i guess. or whatever point you are trying to making.

Jesus f'in Christ man.

By my count, there have been 79 coaches at big-time power five schools since 1960 that have coached at least 4 years at their school.

Of those 79, 49 have been able to win 70% or more of their games, or 62% of them. If you remove West Virginia as a seemingly outlier, it is 48 out of 71 coaches, or 68%.

So roughly 65% of coaches at major programs in modern history that have coached at their schools for at least 4 years have been able to win just as well as Bo, if not better.

2. Seriously? You're going to ignore all of the rest of the context of Georgia under Richt, including championships, including bludgeoning us the year before, and including about 3x more injuries than we had, just so you can stroke your boner about how we barely beat them once in one of their worst years in a game that they were about as excited to play as we were playing Washington 2010?

Maybe you should boast about how we beat Wisconsin by a field goal in the 2012 regular season too. You seem desperate enough.

• Fire 1

Jesus f'in Christ man.

By my count, there have been 79 coaches at big-time power five schools since 1960 that have coached at least 4 years at their school.

Of those 79, 49 have been able to win 70% or more of their games, or 62% of them. If you remove West Virginia as a seemingly outlier, it is 48 out of 71 coaches, or 68%.

So roughly 65% of coaches at major programs in modern history that have coached at their schools for at least 4 years have been able to win just as well as Bo, if not better.

2. Seriously? You're going to ignore all of the rest of the context of Georgia under Richt, including championships, including bludgeoning us the year before, and including about 3x more injuries than we had, just so you can stroke your boner about how we barely beat them once in one of their worst years in a game that they were about as excited to play as we were playing Washington 2010?

Maybe you should boast about how we beat Wisconsin by a field goal in the 2012 regular season too. You seem desperate enough.

One of us is desperate. And it's the one that's using EVERY COACH THAT EVER EXISTED to make a point about a coach in 2014.

But honestly. I think it's funny that you talk up a team that we beat within the last 10 months.

One of us is desperate. And it's the one that's using EVERY COACH THAT EVER EXISTED to make a point about a coach in 2014.

But honestly. I think it's funny that you talk up a team that we beat within the last 10 months.

People like me have to resort to, you know, actual legitimate research and conclusions because people like you throw out stupid meaningless hollow sound bytes like "BO IS ONE OF 5 COACHES TO WIN 9 GAMES IN 7 YEARS!"

Forgive me for not being satisfied with arbitrary statistics without digging deeper.

But I like the irony where you criticize me for using history for comparison, and then you turn around and use it for comparison to last year's Georgia team. Do you understand that beating last year's Georgia team doesn't mean that we have scoreboard over their entire body of work since Mark Richt has taken over, and that one single game doesn't negate or even measure up to what he has been able to accomplish, which is, amazingly, more than Bo has, and more than his predecessor did.

For the record I wasn't talking up that team - I was reporting on what they have accomplished as a program, as a whole, since they fired their coach that was unable to produce. Because you asked me to.

• Fire 1

People like me have to resort to, you know, actual legitimate research and conclusions because people like you throw out stupid meaningless hollow sound bytes like "BO IS ONE OF 5 COACHES TO WIN 9 GAMES IN 7 YEARS!"

Forgive me for not being satisfied with arbitrary statistics without digging deeper.

But I like the irony where you criticize me for using history for comparison, and then you turn around and use it for comparison to last year's Georgia team. Do you understand that beating last year's Georgia team doesn't mean that we have scoreboard over their entire body of work since Mark Richt has taken over, and that one single game doesn't negate or even measure up to what he has been able to accomplish, which is, amazingly, more than Bo has, and more than his predecessor did.

For the record I wasn't talking up that team - I was reporting on what they have accomplished as a program, as a whole, since they fired their coach that was unable to produce. Because you asked me to.

Please tell me how coaches from 40 years ago has any relevance but a win from the last 10 months that I only brought up because you mentioned how amazing Georgia was doing compared to Nebraska doesn't.

Seriously. Out of all current coaches Pelini is ranked 23rd in winning percentage. Do you think we will do better by firing him?

Please tell me how coaches from 40 years ago has any relevance but a win from the last 10 months that I only brought up because you mentioned how amazing Georgia was doing compared to Nebraska doesn't.

Seriously. Out of all current coaches Pelini is ranked 23rd in winning percentage. Do you think we will do better by firing him?

My research was in response to the stat that Bo is only one of five FBS coaches to win 9+ games in his first 7 years. That stat is all-time, so my research reflects all time.

All current coaches is a poor data pool, because it includes schools like Syracuse, Iowa State, Virginia, North Carolina State, Washington State, Kentucky, Maryland and others where even the best coaches wouldn't be able to win well.

I compared him to coaches that have only been at big schools with big commitment to football because that's what we are. I don't see how that's not obvious but whatever.

Georgia is doing amazing under Richt compared to Nebraska under Pelini. One game that people don't care about doesn't change that.

Richt:

Winning Percentage - 74%

Conference Winning Percentage - 70%

Bowl Winning Percentage - 62%

Conference Championship Winning Percentage - 25%

Ranked Teams Winning Percentage - 53%

Average Recruiting Ranking - #7

2x Coach of the Year

2 Conference Championships

Pelini:

Winning Percentage - 71%

Conference Winning Percentage - 69%

Bowl Winning Percentage - 50%

Conference Championship Winning Percentage - 0%

Ranked Teams Winning Percentage - 32%

Average Recruiting Ranking - #24

No Coach of the Year Awards

No Conference Championships

Not to mention, SEC East vs. Big XII North and B1G West.

My research was in response to the stat that Bo is only one of five FBS coaches to win 9+ games in his first 7 years. That stat is all-time, so my research reflects all time.

All current coaches is a poor data pool, because it includes schools like Syracuse, Iowa State, Virginia, North Carolina State, Washington State, Kentucky, Maryland and others where even the best coaches wouldn't be able to win well.

I compared him to coaches that have only been at big schools with big commitment to football because that's what we are. I don't see how that's not obvious but whatever.

You randomly state a stat. Seeing as I'm talking about current coaches, since we are talking about replacing our... You know... Current coach. I figured you were looking at current numbers. You didn't really make it obvious, nor did you link a source.

A little late to the action, but...

Oh man, how can you not be a fan of Tommy Armstrong. Well, I guess I can see easily how. Still, the guy seems responsible for not just a good deal of the clinching scores, but the early ones too. You look at this dude's fight and his leadership and his attitude, as well as his athletic ability and you think how high the ceiling might be. You also have to wonder if he'll get anywhere close to it.

There's some good football being played here. There are good players and good coaches.

There's also some pretty average football. Not unlike what we've seen in other parts of this year and years previous.

This is Nebraska. There's talent, there's resources, there passion in the fanbase. This program could do so much in the coming years.

And there's a coaching staff that is content with the status quo. They show it in their actions. They broadcast the message to their fans, and to their players.

That's not just unacceptable, that's a sign it isn't going to get better. The administration can't get behind that...........can they?

• Fire 1