****** What Did We Learn - Hawkeye Edition ******

walksalone

There are "fans" of this team that are disappointed after a win. Shame on you.

speaking of shameful behavior:

I feel bad about hoping TA got hurt. But we need a different QB out there.

Hoping your team loses is one thing. Hoping a player gets hurt is just vile.

That's being taken WAY out of context, and you know it. I was hoping he was hurt enough to leave the game (which I felt bad about, but again he was already hurt). I wasn't hoping he would GET hurt which is what you seem to be alluding.

I'm not saying it was my best moment, but I know I wasn't the only one in the thread that mentioned Fyfe would finally get in the game.

That's being taken WAY out of context, and you know it. I was hoping he was hurt enough to leave the game (which I felt bad about, but again he was already hurt). I wasn't hoping he would GET hurt which is what you seem to be alluding.

I'm not saying it was my best moment, but I know I wasn't the only one in the thread that mentioned Fyfe would finally get in the game.

context.

context.

He was already hurt, and in a moment I IMMEDIATELY REGRETTED and even mentioned so IN THE INITIAL POST, I hoped it was enough to sit the rest of the game. I know I'm not the only one that thought this, I was just dumb enough to admit it so you could play gotcha.

I need to clarify this again, because you AGAIN tried to take it out of context.

Oh, he was already hurt and you were simply hoping he got hurt worse than he did. That's a lot better.
  • Fire 1

I think we learned that Nebraska is still good at beating teams ranked below #30, and for some fans, it still won't matter that we can't win championships as long as Bo can get to 9 wins.

The same people that complain about Bo would have been screaming for Osborne's head in the 80s and early 90s. Do we need some changes? Sure. Let's get a new OC (one willing to bench TA). But we don't need a new HC.

There is no comparison between Bo's results and TO's results. TO routinely finished in the top 10, and finished out of the top 20 either once or never. TO also routinely beat top 20 teams, and faced top 5 teams every season. Bo has a losing record against top 20 teams.

• Fire 1

I think we learned that Nebraska is still good at beating teams ranked below #30, and for some fans, it still won't matter that we can't win championships as long as Bo can get to 9 wins.

The same people that complain about Bo would have been screaming for Osborne's head in the 80s and early 90s. Do we need some changes? Sure. Let's get a new OC (one willing to bench TA). But we don't need a new HC.

There is no comparison between Bo's results and TO's results. TO routinely finished in the top 10, and finished out of the top 20 either once or never. TO also routinely beat top 20 teams, and faced top 5 teams every season. Bo has a losing record against top 20 teams.

Exactly. These Bo-lievers seem to think that TO didn't finish first or win any conference titles in his first 7 years...simply not true. They are trying to re-write the history books.

Exactly. These Bo-lievers seem to think that TO didn't finish first or win any conference titles in his first 7 years...simply not true. They are trying to re-write the history books.

Technically, Tom never finished first and, only tied for a title during that time, and didn't win one outright until his 9th yea. But yes, the resumes aren't the same.

That's BS! Pelini has a huge image problem. What coordinator in their right mind wants to come work for that asshat? Second, what kid that is being recruited by Pelini and other wants to play for a guy that acts like he does? Yes, we need a new OC. We also need to quit giving up 50+ in big games. This isn't a small sample of work we can look at. We have 7 years of winning games we should and losing virtually all the games that are close or we are underdog. Keep Pelini and accept 9-4 with a long-term spiral downward.

SUPERBUNNY

What coordinator wants to play for a coach that sticks by them the way Bo does (to the point it angers the fan base)?

What player wants to go to a school where the coach honors your scholarship even though you might never play again?

Bo only has an image problem with some husker fans. His players love him. Recruits love him.

Jesus... He got a kid from the SEC country to come to Nebraska and be one of the best RBs in school history.

You are living in a fantasy world.

And spiral downward? The worst we have ever finished is 4 losses. You have no evidence we will get worse.

And you sir, are wearing the Red colored glasses. I respectfully disagree with most of your post.

I do agree that you have to honor schollies. I know there are places that don't but that isn't cool. Yes, he got Abdullah to come to Lincoln. But overall the talent to be a contender isn't there. If it is there then the staff isn't developing it. Either way, that falls on the staff.

Of course he is loyal to his staff. Most every coach is. I don't think Bo is any danger of having his staff raided. Thus, we keep getting same thing.

If we keep Bo but demand staff changes what coaches will want to come here knowing how he operates(tirades, no class, spitting). Hey, I don't mind intensity. That's fine. Being out of control and acting like an immature idiot is another thing.

IMHO, to turn things around we need to hire a man of character, someone that builds a staff with character, and start rebuilding Nebraska Football with the same morals that made it great to begin with. I've never complained about Pelini's record. It's the way we lose, the blowouts, and the way he acts. It's just not what Nebraska fans deserve.

SUPERBUNNY

Change coodonators. We can probably get a good OC to come here. Defense hasn't been a huge issue, yes we've had bad games but that was mostly due to the offense turning the ball over and going 3 and out.

Firing Bo will not magically fix our problems. Most of the complaints people have can be fixed by new coordinators.

But if you want a man of character? That's Bo. He's proven it over and over. He might have a hot head, but you can't say the players and staff don't love him.

He hasn't acted like an immature idiot in quite awhile (TAMU, and the hat swipe from last year at Iowa).

Blowout losses suck. But they can be fixed. We just need time. And maybe new coordinators.

Wisconsin scores 70 points on us. Wisky has a single player gain an all time record 408 yards, and he did it in 3 quarters. UCLA beats Bo's D like a redheaded stepchild. An argument could be made that Cos did better than Bo after Suh left.

The same people that complain about Bo would have been screaming for Osborne's head in the 80s and early 90s.

Maybe, but do you know what the difference is?

Conference championships

Orange Bowls

National Championship appearances

Finishing the season ranked

Beating top ranked teams

Significantly lower number of national embarrassments

Yet they were still screaming for Osborne's head, even with all of those top 10 finishes and conference championships.

Totally realistic Fanbase indeed.

The realisticness of the fanbase has zero bearing on the capabilities of the head coach. This is a logical fallacy and a deflection away from the issue at hand which is Bo Pelini's ability as a head coach, which is severely lacking in comparison to any good head coach.

True.

But again, ask how many coaches feel that winning 70% of your games is a fireable offense. With all of our disadvantages, history tells us that no coach wants to coach at this place when winning 70% of your games has the masses calling for your head.

All of them should when 70% of your games are against teams ranked below #30, and you are coaching a team with the resources of Nebraska.

Walks wakes we win....

Why didn't we switch to primarily 1 gap this season with the talent we have at DL

Cockrell much better at safety

Why didn't Coop play? Never heard

AA is a beast. Glad he got the win

Gerry will be in the league

We'd be screwed at LB if not for Zaire. Quietly got it done this year

OL is rough

TA is hot and cold

Beck still confuses me. All the time

TE actually was used today. For an obsolete position it worked....

With Cross and Newby, I'd go with the I next year with spread elements

Receiver is looking better

Need a new S&C coach.

Mentioned Riola in another thread about OL coach. Bring him in to teach the OL how to avoid getting rolled up

Unsure if this game makes or breaks Bo

Coordinators need to go.....

Still got 9 wins

How is Stanton behind Fyfe

It is mind boggling why Bo sticks with the 2-gap, can't stop the run crap.

I love the idea of Riola. He is fierce, and I cannot imagine he would put up with stupid mistakes or a lack of effort.