****** What Did We Learn - Hawkeye Edition ******

walksalone

We are slightly, only barely, less inept than Iowa.

Kirk Ferentz' contract is the best thing that ever happened in the history of ever. They need to extend that mofo.

People type DPE because nobody knows how to spell DeMornay Pierson-El.

Anyone who kicks to DPE, ever, is insane. Thank god the Iowegians are insane.

That was the fun part.

Despite the win, we're in desperate need of staff changes. This cannot continue. Coordinators, at the lowest, must go. Ultimately it all falls on Bo, and if he won't make changes willingly, he needs to go.

• Fire 3

Great fourth-quarter effort. Defense got dialed in and we fought all the way to the end. Definitely not a team I wanted to lose to. Hawk fans would be jawing until the end of time.

But we did not learn anything, because the picture has not changed. We played a very mediocre ball club and despite four takeaways, it took overtime to edge them out. All of the issues––every one––that have plagued the Pelni era were on full display. If Eichorst looks to this game as a benchmark, the program is in worse shape than we thought.

I learned this team...especially those seniors fought their tails off in this game to get the win.

Defensive line played exceptional football today. (For those interested, we were playing much more 1-gap defense today)

This win probably saved Bo's job.

Tim Beck should still be replaced. I would fire him before the bowl game.

There is a reason why Bo has his cat...because we need each of those 9 lives.

• Fire 1

This offense is just horrid to watch. We've got one of the best RBs to ever come through NU, a record setting WR, some good support players at the skill positions, and a serviceable QB, and there's just no resemblance of anything effective schematically. So much of the second half, Ameer didn't touch the ball at all, even though he was averaging over 12 yards per carry. Makes absolutely no sense, and Tim Beck can kiss my ass on the way out the door as he gets sent packing in the same moving van as Barney Cotton and John Garrison.

The defense played with a lot of heart. Almost folded at the end, but they forced the offense to wake the hell up. Only allowed 17 points in regulation, and that should be plenty good enough to win the game. But the offense gives up a TD, the special teams gives up a TD, and the offense was nowhere to be found a majority of the game.

I'm very displeased with the offense.

Tommy Armstrong is a tremendous QB if only we were to use him to his strengths instead of calling plays as if he were Tom Brady.

The offense blows, and goodbye Tim Beck.

The total absence of RB screen plays when they could be utilized to take pressure off the rush is mind-blowing.

Great team win.