Now that Bo is almost certainly back, what next?

How do we know Bo is staying? I still say he gone

Would love to be wrong on this, but I just sense that he's back. Look at these "facts" (which I don't like):

1. Bo had his first two-game losing streak this year in 2 years;

2. Bo had one bad game this year;

3. Yesterday's come-from-behind-victory shows that Bo won't quit;

4. Bo beat Georgia in last year's bowl game;

5. Bo didn't go ballistic at all this week, showing that he has some composure

Bo didn't have one bad game this year. That is where people need to use their eyes and intelligence and stop looking at results. WATCH AND ANALYZE the games. Being generous, we had bad games against McNeese St, MSU, Minnesota, Iowa and one of the worst games in the history of the program.

A bad game shouldn't be defined as losing by 30+ points. A bad game should be: did a specific's game performance translate to playing well against another team of equal talent.

Just watch all the games on right now and think to yourself: If we played like we did yesterday, how would we stack up against Bama, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Georgia, FSU, Florida, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Miss St. If we play yesterday's game against any of those teams, the average margin of victory is greater than 3 TD's. For me, that doesn't equate to a "good" game. The win doesn't matter, the quality of the product, coaching, preparation, and execution matters.

Agree, Bo didn't have just one bad game. However, on paper, it only looks like he only had one bad game. Will Eichhorst look at reality, or will he forget what actually happened and be wooed by 9-3? My small sliver of hope is that Eichorst hasn't said anything yet. Last year he gave a vote of confidence. Nothing yet. Maybe that is something to cling to?

Facepalm_zpsb749ce6b.gif

Anyone who thinks Bo will hand over the reins on defense to someone else is as high as a kite

Agree. I'm dreaming. What I am saying is that "if" we are stuck with Bo, then this is the only scenario that would give me any hope. If the entire staff is back, I'm not tuning in next year until about game 8. I'm tired of building up false hopes, only to get destroyed when we play the first meaningful game. Yes, question my loyalty all you want. I'm just being frank with you.

How do we know Bo is staying? I still say he gone

Would love to be wrong on this, but I just sense that he's back. Look at these "facts" (which I don't like):

1)teams that go 6-5 may not lose two in row to get that record. Try again

2)one bad game, try 4..Mcneese st, wisky, Minnesota, and mich st.

3)no the players have no quit, has nothing to do with Bo, try again.

4) Georgia.....ok Georgia flat out quit and didn't want to be there last year, try again

5)who cares seen enough, don't really need to see it again. Maybe abc refused to show it ??

These are bad excuses

This would mean much more if it were his first in 7 years

Bo had four bad games: McNeese St (he can thank Ameer for the "W", Michigan St, Wisconsin, and Minnesota)

Yesterday's come-from-behind victory shows the players won't quit

Bo beat an injury riddled Georgia last year

Bo didn't go ballistic at all this week, showing he sees the writing on the wall: he gone

• Fire 1

Anyone who thinks Bo will hand over the reins on defense to someone else is as high as a kite

Yeah, this is where the replace-the-coordinators theory falls apart. Pelini seems to have complete control over all facets of the team. Replacing one of these guys isn't going to change much of anything. If he wanted other viewpoints he would have hired experienced coordinators in the first place.

We are again unranked and finished 3rd in one of the worst divisions in power 5 conference football. SE still hasn't made a comment when He made one within 24hrs of the Iowa game last year

Would love to be wrong. However, as we speak, Minnesota is whipping Wisconsin. This makes the Minnesota loss make more sense (at least in Eickhorn's mind). Yet another reason why Bo might be back.

It also makes the thrashing by wisky more humiliating and unacceptable

Why JP over Beck? What is JP responsible for? He literally has as much say in the defense as you and I. Beck runs most of the offense, so if you choose one, you want Beck gone. Bo is the DC and who ever is the DC in title, Bo will continue to be the actual DC.

A man of Muschamp's caliber would not be overrun by Bo. Muschamp has about 8 schools hotly pursuing him as DC. If he interviewed with Bo, he'd say (in a bunch of words), "I'll come, but only if you keep out of my business completely." In short, if Muschamp had full power, we'd be a defensive powerhouse. Would much rather win games 10-7, than win 34-31. If Papuchis stays, Bo's wacky defense will continue. Don't want that.

Maybe that's just what Bo needs. A DC to come here and do his own thing. Maybe just some thing like that could and would put Bo over the hump.

It would help, but who is going to teach the exchange between the center and the QB? It seems we need a special coach for this.

Yeah, this is where the replace-the-coordinators theory falls apart. Pelini seems to have complete control over all facets of the team. Replacing one of these guys isn't going to change much of anything. If he wanted other viewpoints he would have hired experienced coordinators in the first place.

SE better make the "right" decision. If Bo is retained, then certainly nothing will change from next year other than a larger drop in ticket sales. Embarrassments on national TV followed by excuses will still flourish.

SE better make the "right" decision. If Bo is retained, then certainly nothing will change from next year other than a larger drop in ticket sales. Embarrassments on national TV followed by excuses will still flourish.

Well, the world won't end. We'll probably get another season like this one or the last several. Some fans will grumble, but Pelini will hold up a cat or some other hijinks and all will be forgotten until the losses begin piling up again.