Torn...

After having time to reflect on the news this morning and listening to SE, I am torn on where I stand. Change definitely needed to be made, but I feel the change needed to be made with the assistants. I know SE said he did not give him an ultimatum, but I really wonder if that was the case?

What my fear as a life long fan is that we become even less relevant than we have become. I know some of Bo's antics have hurt the program's image/perception. I thought he did a nice job with keeping the guys in line and graduating...there were some issues just like everywhere.

I really hope SE makes a good decision and backs up his comments about resources not being an issue...I took this as having the money to make a big hire.

I know there are a large amount of you who have extremely pleased with the decision...this one is way different than the Callahan one for me. I hated him and everything he stood for!

Thoughts?

Since you asked...

It is incredibly naive to think new assistants would correct or solve any of the problems with the program. Bo was the problem. He ran the defense, his handpicked staff ran the offense. Hiring new coordinators to come work for a hot seat coach who is known to publicly berate and swear at his staff is probably not going to go well either.

The next staff will get some time, and if they can't get us in the right direction there will be another change.

Extremely unlikely they will find a coach with a penchant for pitting fans vs fans, and student athletes vs fans, as this one has. That should be a priority, and something the AD has control over now. Thank goodness.

• Fire 1

The next staff will get some time, and if they can't get us in the right direction there will be another change.

Extremely unlikely they will find a coach with a penchant for pitting fans vs fans, and student athletes vs fans, as this one has. That should be a priority, and something the AD has control over now. Thank goodness.

This. Part of the reason Bo is getting so much support from the players is due to the bunker mentality he created. He turned the players against the fans and to a certain extent the university

This is the way it should be. An AD shouldn't force a HC to make coordinator changes. Bo got to do it his way just like the next guy will. If Bo would've made better decisions for his subordinates, he might still be the coach. He didn't and that's 100% on him so it was time to move in another direction.

Geezus. No kidding right?

The events today only show the ugliness of it all. +1