Why I don't like the idea of Scott Frost...

At the same time it would also be a shame if we pass on Frost now, only to find out that he turned out to be a great upstart somewhere else... and then the window is closed to get him back here!

i would really love to snatch somebody who's young, with lots of potential that would trend towards a traditional nebraska brand of football..

My goodness you just described:

Paul Johnson

Sport(s) Football Current position Title Head coach Team Georgia Tech Conference ACC Record 57–34 (.626) Biographical details Born (1957-08-20) August 20, 1957 (age 57)

Newland, North Carolina Coaching career (HC unless noted) 1981–1982

1983–1984

1985–1986

1987–1994

1995–1996

1997–2001

2002–2007

2008–present Lees–McRae (OC)

Georgia Southern (DL)

Georgia Southern (OC)

Hawaii (OC)

Navy (OC)

Georgia Southern

Navy

Georgia Tech Head coaching record Overall 164–73 (.692) Bowls 3–6 Tournaments 14–3 (I-AA playoffs) Statistics

College Football Data Warehouse Accomplishments and honors Championships

2 Division I-AA (1999–2000)

5 SoCon (1997–2001)

1 ACC (2009)

4 ACC Coastal Division (2008, 2009, 2012, 2014) Awards

Eddie Robinson Award (1998)

2x AFCA Division I-AA Coach of the Year (1999–2000)

Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award (2004)

2x SoCon Coach of the Year (1997–1998)

Sounds like a real good fit for Nebraska. Not short on experience. Young enough so that he could be at Nebraska for 20 years. Has moved several times but still looks to be stable rather than a coach that moves whenever a new brass ring presents itself. Tressel is still a bit tainted from his days at OSU. Kiffin is a bit of a flake. Frost is an unknown commodity as a HC. I would almost bet SE will end up hiring someone we don't even discuss here but still, with the regular season over speculating about who the next HC will be is about all we've got t do.

T_O_B

Just stop it. We get it, you love the option. I never say never because wacky stuff happens all the time, but man, if Paul Johnson got hired at Nebraska. Nebraska would be totally fu^^ing fu^^ed

I have absolutely no basis for this but, I have no desire to see Frost as a coach at Nebraska. I think he is probably well qualified for OC and eventually will make a good HC somewhere. Can't put my finger on why but, I just don't want him here and I loved him as a player. Probably the excitement and anticipation of a really great hire like Tressel or McElwain is kicking Scott down my list.

I am not advocating for or against Frost, but I would have no problem with him becoming the next HC at Nebraska. The " He has no HC experience" is really not a great reason to think he can't do the job. IMO he is a lot more prepared to be a HC than Bo Pelini was.

Frost exudes confidence, he is very intelligent and looks the part. I think he can handle media very well. My only concern is that he would hire a proven DC. I think the offense would be in good hands. He knows the culture, he grew up in the culture. He knows how important football is to the state of Nebraska. That is something that can't be denied.

After saying all that, I would be perfectly happy with other coaches also. The only one I don't care for is Tressel, too much baggage.

IMHO 'exuding confidence' isn't enough to sell me on Frost, and doesn't make him more prepared to be a coach here. From a pure coaching career standpoint, Pelini's career blows Frost's out of the water. That includes a Super Bowl victory as an asst. coach and a national championship as a DC.

I would personally just prefer a new coach with prior head coaching experience because that exudes more confidence in me.

Plus, I still can't get pass one thing - Scott Frost's name would be NOWHERE near where it is right now if he wasn't a former Husker, and anybody saying otherwise is just fooling themselves. Would he be on the list? Yeah, maybe an extensive list. But, I honestly don't think he would even be a Top 10 candidate.

At the same time it would also be a shame if we pass on Frost now, only to find out that he turned out to be a great upstart somewhere else... and then the window is closed to get him back here!

i would really love to snatch somebody who's young, with lots of potential that would trend towards a traditional nebraska brand of football..

My goodness you just described:

Paul Johnson

Sport(s) Football Current position Title Head coach Team Georgia Tech Conference ACC Record 57–34 (.626) Biographical details Born (1957-08-20) August 20, 1957 (age 57)

Newland, North Carolina Coaching career (HC unless noted) 1981–1982

1983–1984

1985–1986

1987–1994

1995–1996

1997–2001

2002–2007

2008–present Lees–McRae (OC)

Georgia Southern (DL)

Georgia Southern (OC)

Hawaii (OC)

Navy (OC)

Georgia Southern

Navy

Georgia Tech Head coaching record Overall 164–73 (.692) Bowls 3–6 Tournaments 14–3 (I-AA playoffs) Statistics

College Football Data Warehouse Accomplishments and honors Championships

2 Division I-AA (1999–2000)

5 SoCon (1997–2001)

1 ACC (2009)

4 ACC Coastal Division (2008, 2009, 2012, 2014) Awards

Eddie Robinson Award (1998)

2x AFCA Division I-AA Coach of the Year (1999–2000)

Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award (2004)

2x SoCon Coach of the Year (1997–1998)

Sounds like a real good fit for Nebraska. Not short on experience. Young enough so that he could be at Nebraska for 20 years. Has moved several times but still looks to be stable rather than a coach that moves whenever a new brass ring presents itself. Tressel is still a bit tainted from his days at OSU. Kiffin is a bit of a flake. Frost is an unknown commodity as a HC. I would almost bet SE will end up hiring someone we don't even discuss here but still, with the regular season over speculating about who the next HC will be is about all we've got t do.

T_O_B

Just stop it. We get it, you love the option. I never say never because wacky stuff happens all the time, but man, if Paul Johnson got hired at Nebraska. Nebraska would be totally fu^^ing fu^^ed

He put Navy on the map and its a Service Academy and hasn't been thought of since Roger Staubach. Now why would we be so, " fu^^ing fu^^ed?" Got to back up your posts newby.

T_O_B