Scott Frost on where home is.

I would rather see Frost than anyone else. In fact, I would rather see a 9-3 season with Frost than a 11-1 season with Tressel. I would like to see the Nebraska Cornhuskers stay Nebraska.

I agree, he would be worth a shot. I have some large misgivings, already stated by myself and others, but we may not get another shot at him. If he goes to another legacy school and proves to be a winner, we could be outta luck.

I will say, though, I hope we NEVER have the mindset of wanting a 'Nebraska Man' at the helm merely because of this type of history. Look at Colorado and their coach Embry or whatever his name was. Former player. No coaching experience AT ALL in that case, but his history with Colorado (and their stingy budget) trumped everything.

Let's not make the same mistake as the Buffs and as Michigan appears to be dealing with.

I would rather see Frost than anyone else. In fact, I would rather see a 9-3 season with Frost than a 11-1 season with Tressel. I would like to see the Nebraska Cornhuskers stay Nebraska.

I agree, he would be worth a shot. I have some large misgivings, already stated by myself and others, but we may not get another shot at him. If he goes to another legacy school and proves to be a winner, we could be outta luck.

I will say, though, I hope we NEVER have the mindset of wanting a 'Nebraska Man' at the helm merely because of this type of history. Look at Colorado and their coach Embry or whatever his name was. Former player. No coaching experience AT ALL in that case, but his history with Colorado (and their stingy budget) trumped everything.

Let's not make the same mistake as the Buffs and as Michigan appears to be dealing with.

Tressel is light years ahead of Frost....he has years of head coaching experience, Frost doesn't have that....it would show.

I said this in the sock thread. I think it's worth thinking about.

"The one worry I have if Frost is announced as HC is that I think the letdown will be so great, due to the miss on Tressel, fans will voice frustration. I don't want to see that happen to him. It wouldn't be fair to him.

Alot of people point to the lack of experience as HC, but I have to think that Frost is a bit more on the humble side, and would reach out to Helfrich or Kelly for some advice. Plus you would likely have Ron Brown to consult about prior experience etc...I bring this up because I really don't think the prideful stubborn Pelini wouldn't have done that as much..."

I still prefer Tressel over Frost, but I'm starting to lighten my criticisms of Frost. I know, "WE'VE ALREADY DONE THE FIRST TIME HEAD COACH! WE NEED SOMEONE PROVEN!" I was one of those guys, still am. But if the mystery man ends up being Scott Frost, I have no doubt that he will hire coordinators who know what they are doing. He will know what Nebraska is about and he will be very open with the fan base. Hopefully that leadership will translate to the players as well.

Still, come on Tresselmania!!!!!!!!!

If we somehow get both, this offseason won't end soon enough.

• Fire 1

I still don't really think it's Frost but I'm gonna throw this out there as plausible:

The announcement is coming on Sunday. We have to wait until after the conclusion of the games this week because Frost is going to be announced as Head Coach. His energy, enthusiasm and ties to the program will be announced as reasons why he is the best candidate. Though he lacks extensive coaching experience, he played for Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Bill Parcells, Mike Sherman and Jon Gruden. He has coached with James Franklin and Chip Kelly. It is expected that he can draw on that experience and get plenty of support as he gets up to speed here.

However, Oregon makes the College Football Playoff. Similar to Pelini seven years ago, he will need to split time for the next month between prepping the Ducks for the semifinals and getting things going here. As he lacks an extensive network in coaching circles and to ease that transition, several current staff members are retained. He is encouraged to turn over some of the staff to provide more of a break but also retain some to smooth the transition. Keeping a few is especially important as he can't be here all the time for the next month. Ron Brown is kept as he is a high energy guy and has a long history at Nebraska. Garrison is kept as another former Husker player and for good recruiting connections in the area. Kaz is kept as he is a proven line coach and possible defensive coordinator. Warren is kept for recruiting connections and as he doesn't have as much of a tie to Pelini. That is also partially why he was allowed to go on the road recruiting after Eichorst originally said the staff would stay on campus.

I still don't really think it's Frost but I'm gonna throw this out there as plausible:

The announcement is coming on Sunday. We have to wait until after the conclusion of the games this week because Frost is going to be announced as Head Coach. His energy, enthusiasm and ties to the program will be announced as reasons why he is the best candidate. Though he lacks extensive coaching experience, he played for Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Bill Parcells, Mike Sherman and Jon Gruden. He has coached with James Franklin and Chip Kelly. It is expected that he can draw on that experience and get plenty of support as he gets up to speed here.

However, Oregon makes the College Football Playoff. Similar to Pelini seven years ago, he will need to split time for the next month between prepping the Ducks for the semifinals and getting things going here. As he lacks an extensive network in coaching circles and to ease that transition, several current staff members are retained. He is encouraged to turn over some of the staff to provide more of a break but also retain some to smooth the transition. Keeping a few is especially important as he can't be here all the time for the next month. Ron Brown is kept as he is a high energy guy and has a long history at Nebraska. Garrison is kept as another former Husker player and for good recruiting connections in the area. Kaz is kept as he is a proven line coach and possible defensive coordinator. Warren is kept for recruiting connections and as he doesn't have as much of a tie to Pelini. That is also partially why he was allowed to go on the road recruiting after Eichorst originally said the staff would stay on campus.

He may indeed end up as part of the future staff. However, as I listened and absorbed Shawn's explanation of Bo's departure I really feel SE is looking for someone with HC experience. One guy I think that gets scratched off the list is McElwain

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--florida--csu-coach-jim-mcelwain-at-impasse-in-negotiations-230253328-ncaaf.html