How bad do you want Tressel

What a great hire Tress would be for you guys. I just don't see it as very likely. If Nebraska came out and offered him over $5 million a year, his ears would certainly perk up a bit. It'd have to be a truly significant offer to pry him from Youngstown State.

There's no question about Nebraska's ability to pay an insane amount of money for a great coach. The true question is more along the lines of, "will they?"

I certainly hope so.

What a great hire Tress would be for you guys. I just don't see it as very likely. If Nebraska came out and offered him over $5 million a year, his ears would certainly perk up a bit. It'd have to be a truly significant offer to pry him from Youngstown State.

There's no question about Nebraska's ability to pay an insane amount of money for a great coach. The true question is more along the lines of, "will they?"

I certainly hope so.

i see this as sh#t or get off the pot.........we dont need any more coaches from Wal Mart.

So everyone is ok with a coach that has been in trouble at every place he has been? Remember the good old days when husker fans wanted to do things the tight way.

Osborne is just as guilty as Tressel at covering up for his guys and we're gonna built ducking statues of him soon. Nebraska will always preach a clean program, but they will overlook this and preach Tressels great leadership of young men. He will be knocked for a bit if eichorst can't renegotiate the show cause penalty, but I think Eichorst is making this deal because he already has a great strategy to take the NCAA. He will preach an impeccable compliance department that will be transparent and thorough after hiring Tressel.

• Fire 2

So everyone is ok with a coach that has been in trouble at every place he has been? Remember the good old days when husker fans wanted to do things the tight way.

Osborne is just as guilty as Tressel at covering up for his guys and we're gonna built ducking statues of him soon. Nebraska will always preach a clean program, but they will overlook this and preach Tressels great leadership of young men. He will be knocked for a bit if eichorst can't renegotiate the show cause penalty, but I think Eichorst is making this deal because he already has a great strategy to take the NCAA. He will preach an impeccable compliance department that will be transparent and thorough after hiring Tressel.

Really? Got specifics you can back up or are you just into slandering people using the anonymity of the interwebs?

i do remember him hiding a gun in his desk so a player wouldnt get arrested.

Really? Got specifics you can back up or are you just into slandering people using the anonymity of the interwebs?

He is a dirty cheat. That would be Nebraska selling out all values and morals, "the Nebraska way". You wanna win at all costs?

"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/05/30/jim-tressel

I guess Tommy Armstrong could drive around in a new Jaguar though :)

Re-watched the "Youngstown Boys" 30 for 30 documentary last night (it's on Netflix for those who have it), and it re-emphasized my feeling that Tressel would be a great hire for NU. Proven winner. Great recruiter. Terrific sideline demeanor. And he's a teacher...not some hot head who acts like a child when he doesn't get his way. Sure, he has some skeletons in his closet, but so do a lot of other coaches.

Having said that, I don't think he's interested in coaching again. I think he's where he wants to be right now (in Youngstown). But I hope I'm wrong.