State of the Team: Nebraska

Interesting article.

"Here's a look at what the next coach figures to inherit"

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/112172/state-of-the-team-nebraska

What do you think? Agree? Disagree?

I think we have incredible talent coming back next year and incredible talent that sat the bench this year! I hope we get a coach that is going to let any and all players play no matter if they are a 'starter' or not. There were so many times in the past few years that another player could've probably won the game for us but the coaching staff played starters only and HURT starters at that!

• Fire 1

I think the scatterbrained play calling of Beck made it hard to tell what kind of talent we have. Somehow the ball couldn't even make it into the hands of stars like Ameer and De'Morney with a simple swing pass. Our main plays were the zone read and Hail Mary. Are we extremely talented compared to the rest of the BIG? Really hard to say. I get the impression we may not have the smartest team in college football....didn't see too many Mike Brown's or Barrett Ruud's out there this year, but it's hard to know what's going on without being in there.

Ditto. There needs to be some major healing with the young men on the team. I get that Bo was like a Dad to several of them but this 'us vs them' mentally has got to go. Hopefully, we'll get a head coach that can really relate to the pain these young men have suffered as well as encourage them to move on. It will probably be a little rough at first but I think that can happen with the right coach. One that will make a major attempt to understand the Husker culture (if they don't already) embrace it and nurture it. There are a lot of hurt fans right now as well. We need a 'bridge builder' who will take the time to unite Nebraska once again. I miss that. :(

• Fire 1

Pretty good run-down. Our main question marks will continue to be on offense as we need better QB play and replacing our most productive RB and WR. We don't have another AA right now but we have some capable RBs. I'm not worried about a drop off at WR. I think the line play will improve as we work some of the younger players in.

If we can somehow find some LB play, our defense will be scary. Having Rose back will be huge. We have a great DT tandem. If we get Moss back, he, McMullen and Gangwish will hold down the ends. We are going to be loaded at DB with Alexander matching Gerry's athleticism and play-making ability. Rose, Davie, Williams, Jones, Mosley, Kalu, Anderson and Lee can fill in the other spots well.

Brown was shaky at kicker but punting and returns are in great shape.

Again, the trick will be the offense. We have a lot of room for improvement and will now be learning a new system. We'll see how that comes together.

I agree with you ladyhawke. I look at some of the posts and comments though and can't help to think it's no wonder these players have the us against them mentality. One poster said Tommie Armstrong is the worst QB since Joe Dailey. Now why do you have to insult the kid? I admit I've been down on specific players, I just dont put it out there. Sometimes we forget that everyone can see what we post online and those comments can be hurtful to these kids. Here's hoping we can mend the wounds from the past 7 years and move forward with this program and these student athletes.