Some twitter reactions to the Riley hire

knapplc

Aaron Taylor @outland1997

Gut feeling that Mike Riley will be the Tim Miles for our football program. Congrats coach and welcome to the program.

Tom Lemming @LemmingReport

Only time will tell but my guess is Mike Riley will bring Nebraska back to national prominence.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan

Another interesting tidbit about Mike Riley is he opened all practices at Oregon State to media and fans.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan

Also the fact USC courted him in 2011, and Alabama offered him their job in 2002 intrigues me on what drew him to make this move now?

Jack Gangwish @jackgangwish

Starting to feel like my life is dictated completely through email.

The attached pic with Gangwish's tweet:

pDNnHx3.jpg

Damon Benning @damonbenning

Amongst his peers, Mike Riley finished 2nd in an ESPN poll behind Cutcliffe as the most underrated coach in the country.

Tommie Frazier @TouchdownTommie

Good Hire by NU today.

George Schroeder @GeorgeSchroeder ·

Just landed to news of Mike Riley to Nebraska. Truly stunning — but that is a GREAT hire.

Scott Shanle @scottshanle

After hearing from many people who know Mike Riley personally I am optimistic about the future of @Huskers football.

Dan Hoppen @danhoppen

Mike Riley was heavily rumored to replace Pete Carroll at USC in 2010, Dennis Franchione at Alabama in 2002. He must like NU’s prospects.

Mike Farrell @rivalsmike

I may be in the minority here but I like the Riley hire for #Huskers better than the McElwain hire for #Gators. Thoughts?

Zach Hannon @_HannonZach72

I stand behind you @Coach_Riley ! I love Coach Bo and all my coaches, now it's a new era. I'm a husker through and through. #GBR

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer

"@CFBONFOX: NEWS: #Nebraska hires Oregon State's Mike Riley to replace Bo Pelini>>Good for Riley, one of the nicest guys I ever met in NFL

Mark McMillian @MarkMcMillian29

If Mike Riley offered my son or any kid I coach I would send them in a heartbeat this man is all about the kids & families #GBR #Nebraska

Rich Kaipust @RKaipustOWH

I liked this poll back in September because it was a vote of coaching peers -- and Mike Riley scored high on it http://es.pn/1Dc1ACC

Brian Christopherson @HuskerExtraBC

Remember this when viewing Riley's record at OSU. MT @Hlas Oregon State had 28 straight losing football seasons, from '71 thru '98.

Jay Foreman @foreman5655

A few things that will be different:player development and pro off!! That alone I'm cool with! Chips in!#HuskerNation

Greg Sharpe @SharpeGreg

Excited to meet and work with @Coach_Riley can't wait to begin the next chapter of Husker Football. GBR!

Brock Huard @BrockESPN

No one in CFB I'd trust more with my son in his program than new NEB Coach Mike Riley. Judge this hire after you see the staff he assembles

John Bishop @JohnBishop71

#Huskers could double Riley's OSU salary and still be on budget with last year. Look for assistant salary pool to be strong.

B. Reilly @brandonreilly01

Idk why everyone's being so negative, give the guy a chance. I mean he has a solid last name that should count for something. Let's get it!

Jon Nyatawa @JonNyatawa

“He has done more with less at Oregon St than almost any coach I know" -- former NU AD Bill Byrne

Jeremy Crabtree @jeremycrabtree

#Pac12 assistant on Mike Riley: “Our recruiting jobs just got a lot easier. He was the best talent evaluator in the conference by far.”

MORE HERE

• Fire 1