Omaha KETV Callahan: Rilley complete opposite of Pelini

Yeah this email stuff is ridiculous for two reasons, first that any fans even care and second I've got news for any players upset about email communication. This isn't some girl your sticking it too breaking up with you, you're training to join the business/grown up world and email is a big part of it for all manner of unpleasant communication. Grow up and get used to it now.

• Opens up all practice to media and fans at Oregon St.
  • likes the 4-3 defense
  • preaches fundamentals
  • teams always have few penalties
  • Callahan also has no problem with notifying players about coaching change by email.

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport_code=MFB&division=11

Penalty Yards Per Game:

This Year:

Rank Team G W-L Penalties PYards YPG

120 Oregon St. 12 5-7 107 958 79.83

55 Nebraska 12 9-3 68 610 50.83

Last Year:

79 Oregon St. 13 7-6 82 658 50.62

82 Nebraska 13 9-4 76 665 51.15

As said, opening up practice here at Nebraska would be insane. Not really even feasible. The same or worse on penalties, much much worse this year. And pretty sure that Bo preached fundamentals all the time too right? Isn't that pretty much a generic statement put out by all coaches? Complete opposite of Bo? Ok, how?

• likes the 4-3 defense
  • preaches fundamentals
  • Callahan also has no problem with notifying players about coaching change by email.

Penalty Yards Per Game:

This Year:

Last Year:

As said, opening up practice here at Nebraska would be insane. Not really even feasible. The same or worse on penalties, much much worse this year. And pretty sure that Bo preached fundamentals all the time too right? Isn't that pretty much a generic statement put out by all coaches? Complete opposite of Bo? Ok, how?

Ha. I saw that with the penalties too! I am starting to think the next stat will be that Riley's teams do not poop.

The e-mail thing is extremely overblown. They essentially announced this morning that players were going to get a meeting this evening.

Also, it's the 21st century. Probably time to get used to obtaining information electronically. It's a great and very fast method.

Short form of what I've said elsewhere-- people would have complained NO MATTER HOW they informed the team. Team meeting while some of them were away on break? Complain. A slow letter? Complain. Group Skype or a Go To Meeting type thing? They'd definitely complain. Email made the absolute most sense. I've been hearing past players saying that they learned from the news or their parents when their coaches were fired. I think it was the right thing. People just see "email" and freak out because there is something in the culture that says email is always the wrong way to do anything.

• likes the 4-3 defense
  • preaches fundamentals

Penalty Yards Per Game:

This Year:

Last Year:

Ha. I saw that with the penalties too! I am starting to think the next stat will be that Riley's teams do not poop.

Lol! Does that make them full of sh#t? :P

Anyways, some more stats. I get that it's not super easy to recruit to Oregon St. but, 1 5* recruit ever, and less 4* recruits in the last 10 years than we've had in the last 2. I really don't know about this. :S

The firing part maybe could have been handled better but the hiring part there was no other option. It was going to get out too quickly.

No excuse in the firing and there should be no b!tching in the hiring. One is like being told your grandma died and one is like getting a birthday party invitation.

Every week they should have a raffle for 50 Husker fans to be able to watch practice.

Does anybody really have a life that would allow time for such things, let alone LOOK FORWARD to it? (My apologies if you are under the age of 16, then it would probably be cool to see it once)

The e-mail thing is extremely overblown. They essentially announced this morning that players were going to get a meeting this evening.

Also, it's the 21st century. Probably time to get used to obtaining information electronically. It's a great and very fast method.

Yeah this. HOW ELSE were they to be notified? Was Eichorst going to call each player and personally notify them? Of course it's an email.

They have a big room with stadium seating, and a projection screen.. hell, he could've teleconferenced from there if he's to chickens hit to do it in person.

Yeah this. HOW ELSE were they to be notified? Was Eichorst going to call each player and personally notify them? Of course it's an email.

They have a big room with stadium seating, and a projection screen.. hell, he could've teleconferenced from there if he's to chickens hit to do it in person.

Some people would have complained about that, too. This is just singling out one thing that seems bad (for no actual, discernible reason) to be upset about. Might as well be angry about the typeface of the email, too.