Omaha KETV Callahan: Rilley complete opposite of Pelini

• Callahan also has no problem with notifying players about coaching change by email.

I don't know why but I keep focusing on this stuff. I saw a bunch of tweets by players complaining about being informed of the new coach via e-mail.

My theory is Tom Osborne spoiled them and now they think that's what a normal AD is like. Obviously I don't know a lot about how ADs behave but it seems logical to think that Osborne would spend a lot of time around the student-athletes and especially a lot of time around the football players. It was always my impression that was his favorite part about coaching. I tutored for a few months and there were sometimes posters in the hall announcing that Osborne was meeting with all of the athletes to talk to them.

Now the players think that the new AD is doing it wrong but I think it's normal of him to keep his distance. An AD is a CEO type. It makes way more sense to me for him to let the coaches deal with the players rather than butting in. It's his job to hire good coaches and bring in money and make important decisions. Not be the players' friend. I feel like he's way closer to a "normal" AD than Osborne was and they just don't realize it.

The e-mail thing is extremely overblown. They essentially announced this morning that players were going to get a meeting this evening.

Also, it's the 21st century. Probably time to get used to obtaining information electronically. It's a great and very fast method.

Yeah this. HOW ELSE were they to be notified? Was Eichorst going to call each player and personally notify them? Of course it's an email.

The e-mail thing is extremely overblown. They essentially announced this morning that players were going to get a meeting this evening.

Also, it's the 21st century. Probably time to get used to obtaining information electronically. It's a great and very fast method.

Yeah this. HOW ELSE were they to be notified? Was Eichorst going to call each player and personally notify them? Of course it's an email.

Obviously he should have called a meeting to let them know that tonight at 7:30pm their new coach is calling a meeting.

Give them a break, zoogies. These youngsters are still getting used to digital communication as a means of interacting with others.

#do as I say, not as I do

• Callahan also has no problem with notifying players about coaching change by email.

I don't know why but I keep focusing on this stuff. I saw a bunch of tweets by players complaining about being informed of the new coach via e-mail.

My theory is Tom Osborne spoiled them and now they think that's what a normal AD is like. Obviously I don't know a lot about how ADs behave but it seems logical to think that Osborne would spend a lot of time around the student-athletes and especially a lot of time around the football players. It was always my impression that was his favorite part about coaching. I tutored for a few months and there were sometimes posters in the hall announcing that Osborne was meeting with all of the athletes to talk to them.

Now the players think that the new AD is doing it wrong but I think it's normal of him to keep his distance. An AD is a CEO type. It makes way more sense to me for him to let the coaches deal with the players rather than butting in. It's his job to hire good coaches and bring in money and make important decisions. Not be the players' friend. I feel like he's way closer to a "normal" AD than Osborne was and they just don't realize it.

Well said. Basically what I've been thinking the last few days, but couldn't put the words together.

• Opens up all practice to media and fans at Oregon St. Check!

• likes the 4-3 defense Wish it would have been a 3-4, but oh well.

• preaches fundamentals Check!

• teams always have few penalties Check!

• Callahan also has no problem with notifying players about coaching change by email. Why do we care what Bill thinks?