New HC Hiring AAR

I did not know anything of Oregon State or its coach. Riley's hiring came out of the ether for me. I do think Eichorst did a better hiring job than Pederson did. I hope it works out. Whatever happens, Riley is not the coach and I will support him. I supported Bo's hiring but was dissapointed when he hired friends with minimal coaching experience for assistants. I hope Riley will get a better set of assistants.

What happens in 3 or 4 years if Riley doesn't do any better than Bo? Are we going to get rid of him too? What happens if this team gets 7 or 8 wins in the next two years?

No, I don't think so.

If Bo had the record he had here sans a few of the blowouts and the blowups, and ran the whole show with the same embracing, positive vibe that Tim Miles did or Mike Riley seems to, I think Bo would still be coaching here -- and that's 7 years without a conference championship.

Our past two ADs both cited "the way we lost" when referring to on field performance.

So if Riley stays true to Riley and produces 7 Bo-like seasons: a few contending teams, no conference titles, and no total trainwrecks -- I think his seat would be heating up, but he probably escapes the axe unless his recruiting is just not up to par.

Fair enough...

Conversely would this fan base stuck with Riley if he had the same record here like he had at OSU?

Honestly, I don't think that is going to happen but if it did, he'd get fired.