Rumored NU position coach Brent Brennan - Stayed at OSU

One question for everyone......what kind of assistant wants to work for a school that fired a 9-3...10-3 coach for being too aggressive? I'm thinking probably none and we're fortunate he's getting his trusted guys to come along so he doesn't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel......JMHO.

I am concerned. Not a single non-OSU hire yet.

I hope you don't want to keep token coaches from the current staff......that would be a bummer to me. I'm not sure who nationally is dying to join up with Riley either.

Ron Brown and Fisher would be the only Nebraska coaches I could tolerate on the new staff. I wanted to see the entire new staff consist of the top position coaches in football, even if it meant paying premium money to entice them from their current job. I imagined Riley and SE talking to prospects with this message; "resources are no issue at Nebraska, we want to win national championships, you will be joining an all star staff of coaches, if you want to work and learn from the best then Nebraska is the place for you, in addition to working with the best we will make sure you have the best facilities, in fact anything you need to win will be provided, and by the way we will double your salary"

I hope you don't want to keep token coaches from the current staff......that would be a bummer to me. I'm not sure who nationally is dying to join up with Riley either.

Ron Brown and Fisher would be the only Nebraska coaches I could tolerate on the new staff. I wanted to see the entire new staff consist of the top position coaches in football, even if it meant paying premium money to entice them from their current job. I imagined Riley and SE talking to prospects with this message; "resources are no issue at Nebraska, we want to win national championships, you will be joining an all star staff of coaches, if you want to work and learn from the best then Nebraska is the place for you, in addition to working with the best we will make sure you have the best facilities, in fact anything you need to win will be provided, and by the way we will double your salary"

So far he's brought the DC, LB, OL, WR, and Special Teams coaches. The only ones I'd want to keep from Bo's staff are the DB and DL coaches. I like Garrison for the way he handled that MASH unit, but that ship has sailed.

You shouldn't be yet. The guys he knows best are the obvious first hires. Hopefully the 5 he picked are his core and we can look at maybe 1 or 2 from Bo's staff with the remaining as splash hires.

I wanted all splash hires. My worst fear is all hires are OSU or Nebraska

You need to get a grip, not all the OSU or Nebraska coaches are bad give the guy a chance

One question for everyone......what kind of assistant wants to work for a school that fired a 9-3...10-3 coach for being too aggressive? I'm thinking probably none and we're fortunate he's getting his trusted guys to come along so he doesn't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel......JMHO.

I can tell you which kind of assistants won't want to work for a school that fires a 9-3 coach: losers who don't believe they can do better.

As far as I'm concerned, we don't want those types anyway.

• Fire 2

You shouldn't be yet. The guys he knows best are the obvious first hires. Hopefully the 5 he picked are his core and we can look at maybe 1 or 2 from Bo's staff with the remaining as splash hires.

I wanted all splash hires. My worst fear is all hires are OSU or Nebraska

You need to get a grip, not all the OSU or Nebraska coaches are bad give the guy a chance

I am not saying they are bad. I am saying they are not the best in the business. We need to set our goals high. Four losses a year is not good enough, that is why Solich, Callahan and Pellini were fired. All of the fired coaches suffered from weaknesses on their coaching staffs. SE said resources are not an issue, so lets build the best staff in CFB.