Who Starts @ I-Back Next Season?

so what was cross 40 time at the combine then all knowing football god

It was 4.56 before he joined the Huskers.

Of course, everyone knows you get slower when you get into college right?

Maybe you should read the following link. But don't get back to me about it, because you haven't made any attempt thus far to see reason and that clearly isn't going to change.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/3/1/4038740/2013-nfl-combine-high-school-40-yard-dash-times

1. Adam Taylor! Trust me..This guy is a beast! He is the real deal. Well coached in High school . Has the shifty-ness and speed Of Ameer Abdullah, the power of Melvin Gordon and Rex Burkhead, and the quick feet of IM Hipp . This Guy Is powerful, fast , shifty, and just plain hard to take down. He has great instincts and is very coachable. He averaged 6 yards a pop, and usually gained 3-4 yards up the middle after the first hit being gang tackled. He played for a beast of a state power here in the Houston Area. I seen him and his younger teammate -who is very similar to him in size and talent-play against Our local HS football team twice in the semi-finals . Both teams are usually nationally ranked Powers in the top 25. Those Two horses from Katy are a nightmare to defend against. They never go down on the first contact or tackle! And If they get past the Linebackers it is over! They return Kicks too .If they get in the open it is lights out! They cannot be run down! Katy runs an offense similar to Tom Osborne's Big red Machine of the 70's-90's. These guys are known as the Big Red in this Area . Physical, tough, and Smart. They don't make mistakes. Adam Taylor will be a Mega-star for the Big Red before he leaves Nebraska. Mark my word! I would love to see the Huskers recruit his teammate too! They Both fit the Mold of Nebraska I- backs!

Cross is entirely too slow to be a feature back. Riley is pretty creative and may find a good spot for him but if he is an every down back, we're in trouble.

I don't agree at all. Cross is just fine...he's not setting land speed records but he's got just as much speed as Rex did.

no way he is no nearly as quick as Rex it takes him way longer to get moving and can't move as well laterally, probably doesn't even have the top end speed of Rex either. Not sure how you can say this if you've seen them both play.

You do remember Rex ran a 4.73 at the NFL combine in the 40 right? Just sayin.

I do actually and you are still wrong if you think that cross is as quick or fast as Rex. Go back and watch Rex play cross has never been able to move as well as Rex did. Rex has more acceleration than cross does. Maybe there top end speed is similar bit Rex's quarter mile speed his ability to get from 0-60 is so much faster. If you believe cross can do the things Rex did then you've never watched them play

I don't have to go back and watch anything...the proof is in the numbers ;) Cross is straight up faster than Rex.

Deal-with-it-GIFS.gif

Talk to any High School coach in the US he will tell you the HS 40 yard dash time is the most lied about thing in the planet, EVERYONE knows it, common knowledge, a given.

NFL Combine times are accurate- therefore slower, exactly like I said in my earlier post.

This study shows what everyone already knows- 75% of the kids had slower times AFTER 4 years of college ball.

If you were factoring in the speed those kids gained while in College as well as the coaching they got from the NFL speed combine coaching gurus out there, the results are even more ridiculous. Look at the results- lots of kids .4-.5 seconds slower than what they claimed to run in High School - even after all the speed training - High School 40 times are a joke

"http://www.sbnation....yard-dash-times

"The results were staggering:

• 157 of the 203 players are as fast or slower than they were in high school, according to their claimed 40 times.
  • The average college football player is nearly a tenth of a second slower (e.g., a NFL Combine 4.5 after a high school 4.4) after four to five years in a college strength and conditioning program as he was when he entered that program.
  • 93 players ran a sub-4.5 second 40 yard dash in high school. By the time they finished college, just 40 players were capable of breaking the 4.5-second mark."

That's after speed combine coaches, all the great strength and conditioning they get in college- that's reality

Cross is entirely too slow to be a feature back. Riley is pretty creative and may find a good spot for him but if he is an every down back, we're in trouble.

I don't agree at all. Cross is just fine...he's not setting land speed records but he's got just as much speed as Rex did.

no way he is no nearly as quick as Rex it takes him way longer to get moving and can't move as well laterally, probably doesn't even have the top end speed of Rex either. Not sure how you can say this if you've seen them both play.

I do actually and you are still wrong if you think that cross is as quick or fast as Rex. Go back and watch Rex play cross has never been able to move as well as Rex did. Rex has more acceleration than cross does. Maybe there top end speed is similar bit Rex's quarter mile speed his ability to get from 0-60 is so much faster. If you believe cross can do the things Rex did then you've never watched them play

I don't have to go back and watch anything...the proof is in the numbers ;) Cross is straight up faster than Rex.

Deal-with-it-GIFS.gif

40 times are like Pinocchio talking about his latest fishing trip- no one believes them until the NFL combine

Maybe you should read the following link. But don't get back to me about it, because you haven't made any attempt thus far to see reason and that clearly isn't going to change.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/3/1/4038740/2013-nfl-combine-high-school-40-yard-dash-times

SBNation...THE place for all things sports...best articles in the world....I totally trust them :sarcasm

It doesn't matter where the article is from. The important thing is the data which are fact and show that high school 40 times are faster on average than NFL combine times for the same player.

There are easily 20 good articles from very good sources that say 40 times are lied about and not accurate

And even when they are right- that "football speed" not linear speed is significantly more important

Rivals is one:

https://rivals100.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=102381

"Last year's Rivals100.com recruiting database featured around 40 players that claimed to have run 40 times in the 4.3-second range. However, looking at the NFL Combine results for the past few years something doesn't seem to compute.

The average time for running backs at this spring's NFL Combine was 4.62 seconds. The receivers averaged 4.52 seconds and the corners averaged 4.57-second times.

So what gives?

How do these kids go from faster than lightning times in high school to slower times after college?

The answer is simple, one college coach said.

"The kids are lying and the people that time them also are doing it wrong," the coach from the SEC said"

Deal-with-it-GIFS.gif

yeah because high school kids never give false 40 times, if the times listed on rivals were correct then every two star skill position player in the nation would be faster than the pros who run at the combine, highly unlikely.

Comparing Rex to Imani- also look at how many negative yardage plays Imani has had compared to Rex- Imani has a real tough time changing directions and accelerating quickly- which = negative yardage plays.

Ameer did some great things to turn what should have been losses into zero or short gains due to those same abilities

Not something a lot of people track-

http://www.cornnation.com/2011/10/7/2475845/rex-burkhead-what-does-he-mean-to-nebraskas-offense

Here it says when talking about Burkhead:

"One last stat about him - throughout his 81 carries this season, he's gained 521 yards, losing only five. "