Is he close to a recruiting violation?

Mike Riley ‏@Coach_Riley 8m8 minutes ago Had a great time in Colorado with @AveryAnderson1 and @elee22_21! Next stop, HUGE stop, Missouri x2!!! #GBR

I know he must be safe, a D1 head Coach couldn't be this foolish. I was wondering why this isn't a violation, i was always under the impression that he wasn't able to say committed players names.

As already stated in previous posts they've signed papers. On the other hand those are twitter handles and not actually names of individual players unless Avery Anderson's legal name is @averyanderson1 i dont know why you couldnt use it and I'm fairly certain Lee's name on his birth cert is not @elee22_21. So technically he never acknowledged anyone by their real name.

When you think about it, that's pretty cool of him to communicate his trail. He is using social media to alert the fan base. I mean, the Head Football Coach of Nebraska tweeting and passing on information? Pretty cool, pretty cool indeed

Hey, can someone start a thread that tracks the new staff's recruiting trail and actually discuss what he is doing right now to save this class? (As opposed to wringing of the hands and gnashing of the teeth over what he may or may not do with hiring staff?) it kind of seems like no one is that excited to cheer him on in this.

I know, I should start it myself. I just don't know a whole lot about recruiting, and don't use Twitter.

(Not directing this negativity at you, Addison, just liked your post)

Riley's recruiting seems to be pretty good. he has gotten players who bolted to change and come back. I'm not a fan of a coach whose like time record is around .500 but I can say that I am coming around on the idea he is a better/more open recruiter. As far as how good of a coach he really is, time will tell. Riley has TONS more resources here in NE than Corvallis so .500 here should get him fired after three seasons at most. don't think any of us want to experience 2004 and 2007 again.