Sipple:"Pelini never should have dragged the players he professes to love so dearly into this mess."

This comes a week after Sipple went on Sharp and Benning and insinuated that Shawn Eichorst and Barry Alvarez conspired together in order to bring Riley to Lincoln and set Gary Andersen up with the OSU job in order to get an Alvarez protege (Chryst) the head job. I mean what. the. f#*k.

This comes a week after Sipple went on Sharp and Benning and insinuated that Shawn Eichorst and Barry Alvarez conspired together in order to bring Riley to Lincoln and set Gary Andersen up with the OSU job in order to get an Alvarez protege (Chryst) the head job. I mean what. the. f#*k.

that's deep.

I don't see how Sipple can remain as a sportswriter in Lincoln after all of this is done. Don't you have to have just a little, tiny bit of credibility?

If he can survive what he already did the LJS doesn't care about his credibility. He's fine.

Good point. I guess we know what the standards at the LJS are...

My final take on this whole mess is that:

Pelini engineered his own firing to keep his paycheck and get out of this state...

...and a ton of people are very butthurt that many players seem to show more loyalty to Pelini rather than the fans / university. Hence the dark allegations that Pelini brainwashed the team with an "us against them" attitude, because everybody has to like Nebraska and its fans, right?

Pelini engineered his own firing to keep his paycheck and get out of this state...

...and a ton of people are very butthurt that many players seem to show more loyalty to Pelini rather than the fans / university. Hence the dark allegations that Pelini brainwashed the team with an "us against them" attitude, because everybody has to like Nebraska and its fans, right?

I went to the Minnesota game and noticed their players reveling in the passion of Nebraska fans (as they taunted us during the final seconds). It struck me as sad that any of (those young football players we look upon as) our kids see that as a negative.

If you're playing for Nebraska, I would hope so