GT: Nebraska at Hawaii - 12AM - ESPNU

The same thing happened in Alaska. You can't expect your team to travel halfway around the world, play at 2 in the morning, and expect good results against a team playing at their normal time on their own court. I'd just chalk this one up as a fluke.

With that said, we need a big man and some guys who can handle a little pressure bringing the ball up.....hurry back Moses.

Hawaii was in a 1 2 1 1 press the entire night and we tried to break it with only two players. Two players trying to beat three players is not a way to break a press. NU did everything you dont want to do against a press: dribble too much and dribble down the sideline. Get someone flashing to the middle of the floor and dont hold the ball for long. Get the defenders moving and never dribble down the sideline bc in a 1 2 1 1 press, they are looking to trap.

This is elementary type stuff and Hawaii killed them the whole night with that press.

This team struggled mightily last year against teams that went full court pressure and/or ran a half court trap.

Another thing I'll throw out at this squad. For as much crap we threw at the football team strength and conditioning plans, this facet of nebrasketball needs some serious looking into.

Nebraska has no clue on how to break a press. Siting at the game last night we had open players on the wings and not once did we pass it to them. Time after time they would trap us and we would turn the ball over. Dribble to the middle of the court and turn your back to the basket. This is fundament basketball 101.

News Flash....you attack the press. Till Nebraska figurs this out it if will be a staple. I expect LMU to employ this in the very first second and press/trap till we can prove we know how to bust it.

Pettaway not even close to being nba ready. Heck he's not even close to wbna ready.

The same thing happened in Alaska. You can't expect your team to travel halfway around the world, play at 2 in the morning, and expect good results against a team playing at their normal time on their own court. I'd just chalk this one up as a fluke.

With that said, we need a big man and some guys who can handle a little pressure bringing the ball up.....hurry back Moses.

This is a terrible excuse. The team was here saturday, some 60 hours before tip off. Good teams overcome this, bad teams will make excuses.

This is a terrible excuse. The team was here saturday, some 60 hours before tip off. Good teams overcome this, bad teams will make excuses.

Sorry, circadian rhythms are what they are......it greatly benefits the local team and increases the sloppiness of the Huskers. The Huskers were over-rated and are now on everyone's radar as well.....so your statement about good and bad teams has some truth to it except there is no black and white to what is good and bad. On a good day the Huskers are good. I'd say they need more consistent and all-around good players. One of those has a broken arm.

Sorry, circadian rhythms are what they are......it greatly benefits the local team and increases the sloppiness of the Huskers. The Huskers were over-rated and are now on everyone's radar as well.....so your statement about good and bad teams has some truth to it except there is no black and white to what is good and bad. On a good day the Huskers are good. I'd say they need more consistent and all-around good players. One of those has a broken arm.
I'm sorry. I've been living here since 1989 I have seen teams come in on a tuesday afternoon, play wednesday night and beat UH then go home that night. When Uh was a member of the old WAC. Air force, Wyoming, colo st, UTEP would come to town for 36 hours and leave with a W.

Maybe if nebraska could make free throws(missed 6 in a row at one time), maybe not starting down 0-2 before one second has been played, maybe of pettaway had his shīt together, maybe if nebraska knew how to beat a 1/2 court trap we would be playing right now vs WSU. Time and Travel had nothing to do with the loss. Poor play did.

Btw miles had the choice of this game or the afternoon game, he choose to play Hawaii.

I'm sorry. I've been living here since 1989 I have seen teams come in on a tuesday afternoon, play wednesday night and beat UH then go home that night. When Uh was a member of the old WAC. Air force, Wyoming, colo st, UTEP would come to town for 36 hours and leave with a W.

Maybe if nebraska could make free throws(missed 6 in a row at one time), maybe not starting down 0-2 before one second has been played, maybe of pettaway had his shīt together, maybe if nebraska knew how to beat a 1/2 court trap we would be playing right now vs WSU. Time and Travel had nothing to do with the loss. Poor play did.

Btw miles had the choice of this game or the afternoon game, he choose to play Hawaii.

I understand that and what you say is all true about this team's problems, but I have a problem with scheduling a game that is midnight to 2 AM our time and expecting the players to be at their best. Not saying it can't be done..... but Collier's team was dragging ass the same way when they got beat by Div 2 Fairbanks. I call it a fluke.