Coaches scuffle on the sidelines?

DL was one of our strongest positions, and he also had very good DL lines at Iowa (NFL guys). And people say he can't coach. Ah, yeah that makes sense.

If that werent absurd enough, Barney Cotton may have been the most hated coach here over the last few years, and now after the bowl performance, people are signing his praises.

The only thing that's consistent here is that some posters think they have all the answers.

• Fire 3

I to wanted Kaz to stay, but he has let Bo effect his life. Kaz, you are a good coach, but do not go to Youngtown, go to anger management and get a real job.

Probably one of the most overrated coaches on the team, IMO. Has two quality +300 lb. tackles and a first-round pick DE, but consistently fields mediocre line play. You could argue he's hamstrung by Bo's two-gap system and I won't disagree, but even then that only means the jury's out on him as a line coach. But the verdict is in on his personality and it's confirmed: He's an a-hole.

Bo's scheme & our strength program was more of an issue,

DL was one of our strongest positions, and he also had very good DL lines at Iowa (NFL guys). And people say he can't coach. Ah, yeah that makes sense.

If that werent absurd enough, Barney Cotton may have been the most hated coach here over the last few years, and now after the bowl performance, people are signing his praises.

The only thing that's consistent here is that some posters think they have all the answers.

It is getting comical!

You are missing many points.

The lines at Iowa haven't changed much since his departure and the ones here didn't get much better when he got here despite an upgrade in talent. (Collins + Gregory > Meredith + Steinkuhler) Moreover, saying the D line was one of the strongest positions on the team says more about how bad the other position groups are (e.g., LB, OL, QB) than how good the line was.

The praise for Cotton is that, in the role as a head coach, he showed poise and kept an even keel. Again, that says more about how sh**ty Pelini was than how good Cotton is. And there is no inconsistency in saying that Cotton is a terrible position coach, but a decent CEO-type. Frankly, I'm not surprised he might make a decent HC just as Pelini, though an abomination of a head coach, might be a decent DC under a head coach that can keep him appropriately muzzled.

If Kaz was such an awesome D-line coach, he would probably already have a job, if not here than elsewhere. He doesn't, even for the high school coach that's now leading the Running Rebels of UNLV with the assistance of Cotton and Garrison. Speaks volumes.

Also, the last line in your post can just as easily be said about yourself. chuckleshuffle

• Fire 4

I to wanted Kaz to stay, but he has let Bo effect his life. Kaz, you are a good coach, but do not go to Youngtown, go to anger management and get a real job.

Probably one of the most overrated coaches on the team, IMO. Has two quality +300 lb. tackles and a first-round pick DE, but consistently fields mediocre line play. You could argue he's hamstrung by Bo's two-gap system and I won't disagree, but even then that only means the jury's out on him as a line coach. But the verdict is in on his personality and it's confirmed: He's an a-hole.

our dline play-regardless of your opinion on the scheme-has been pretty good all year. Our DTs have been ballin week in week out. I guarantee you if you knew the scheme and pholosophy and went back and watched the game, you would find that 98% of our problems were not the fault of the dline. Poor fits by safeties. Bad angles by backers. Misalignment in the back 7. Like the long td last night where collins appeared to get whooped, yet it appears he did his job to shoot yhe a gap yet there was no fit from the safety and linebacker. No one there.

Oh the irony!

• Fire 2

You are missing many points.

The lines at Iowa haven't changed much since his departure and the ones here didn't get much better when he got here despite an upgrade in talent. (Collins + Gregory > Meredith + Steinkuhler) Moreover, saying the D line was one of the strongest positions on the team says more about how bad the other position groups are (e.g., LB, OL, QB) than how good the line was.

The praise for Cotton is that, in the role as a head coach, he showed poise and kept an even keel. Again, that says more about how sh**ty Pelini was than how good Cotton is. And there is no inconsistency in saying that Cotton is a terrible position coach, but a decent CEO-type. Frankly, I'm not surprised he might make a decent HC just as Pelini, though an abomination of a head coach, might be a decent DC under a head coach that can keep him appropriately muzzled.

If Kaz was such an awesome D-line coach, he would probably already have a job, if not here than elsewhere. He doesn't, even for the high school coach that's now leading the Running Rebels of UNLV with the assistance of Cotton and Garrison. Speaks volumes.

Also, the last line in your post can just as easily be said about yourself. chuckleshuffle

Let me summarize your post: all our position coaches suck, and so do the players that play under them.

Cotton, despite sucking, has poise.

Kaz is so bad he won't get a job, even working for a high school coach.

No, I'm not missing much (yes, I'll beat you to it: you will say I am), everybody and everyone sucks, and you have all the answers. Good to now. Now, I now who to call if I want all my questions answered.

• Fire 3

Oh the irony!

Back at you!

Yeah, that d-line was so good, they maybe got a hand on Gordon a few times as he galloped for 408. Forgetting the inadequacies of the other positions, the Nebraska defensive line was constantly blown off the ball, and double-teams created driveways for backs to waltz through. Hoping the next staff teaches the boys in red how to attack up front.

• Fire 2

Let me summarize your post: all our position coaches suck, and so do the players that play under them.

No, I'm not missing much (yes, I'll beat you to it: you will say I am), everybody and everyone sucks, and you have all the answers. Good to now. Now, I now who to call if I want all my questions answered.

If you love Kaz so much, then why don't you marry him! Dagerow and Kaz, sittin in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G.....First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby Kazerow in the baby carriage.

If you love Kaz so much, then why don't you marry him! Dagerow and Kaz, sittin in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G.....First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby Kazerow in the baby carriage.

I can tell you that would be one pissed off baby.

• Fire 1