Danny Langsdorf New Offensive Coordinator

Mavric

Ugh, yet another poor hire. This might end up being the worst staff in the BIG

As opposed to a guy who went to UCF and for all we know, walked onto the football team and never lettered?

As opposed to a guy who went to Va Tech and for all we know, never played a down of football?

Yep - let's pay the first guy close to three quarters of a million bucks and the second guy, we'll put him in charge of this complex defensive scheme that we've decided to run.

Langsdorf said he will be the one calling plays at Nebraska and that he will be running his offense. I am sure Riley and him are on the same page when it comes to the offensive side of the ball and maybe Langsdorf has a few new things to add that Riley likes.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/12/danny_langsdorf_explains_decision_to_leave_giants_for_nebraska_offensive_coordinator_job.html

EAST RUTHERFORD ‐ New Nebraska offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf had a decision to make. He could remain the Giants quarterbacks coach for another year and hope things panned out for the team next season while he worked with Eli Manning. Or he could go to a place where his future was more secure and get back to running an offense as he did the previous nine seasons at Oregon State. Langsdorf chose the latter.

“It’s hard to project the future and what will happen,” he said Tuesday while packing his car at the Giants facility after accepting the Nebraska job. “I try not to look too far ahead and really project on what can happen in the future. I tried to deal with the moment and go from there.”

Langsdorf, 42, reunites with coach Mike Riley, who jumped from Oregon State to Nebraska several weeks back. So even though Langsdorf has never been to Nebraska, there is a comfort level moving his wife and two children to the Midwest.

When Riley contacted him about the position, he weighed his options and ultimately jumped at the opportunity for a variety of reasons.

“Just a chance to run the offense, call plays, be in charge in a place that has a lot of tradition and history,” Langsdorf said of the Nebraska job, where he will get to see Rutgers often in the Big Ten.

“And a place that ‐ I don’t know the place, I know the people, that is a big part of it too, being familiar with a lot of the guys.”

Riley brought four of his former Oregon State assistants with him to Nebraska.

The Giants are now left with a void on their staff. Langsdorf was considered a bright, young coach who did a good job this year working with Manning and second-year quarterback Ryan Nassib, even if Manning did fall short of Langsdorf 70 percent goal. Manning completed a career-best 63.1 percent of his passes this season.

Coughlin said he will look around before deciding on a replacement. It didn’t seem likely that receivers coach Sean Ryan would shift back to quarterbacks. Coughlin complimented Ryan for the job he did with the Giants receivers (including rookie Odell Beckham Jr.) and gave him credit for their success on third downs this season.

The Giants boss didn’t seem quite as thrilled with Langsdorf, who joined the team less than a year ago.

“He is leaving. It’s his choice,” Coughlin said. “You don’t expect someone to be here for a year, but that’s his decision. Wish him well. Let’s go.”

Langsdorf did, back to the college game after a year with the Giants. He says he returns an even better coach after working with Manning.

“What a true pro, really a great worker. He really communicates well,” Langsdorf said. “I probably got more out of it than he did.”

Some would likely beg to differ. Surely Manning learned plenty from Langsdorf as well.

• Fire 2

Langsdorf said he will be the one calling plays at Nebraska and that he will be running his offense. I am sure Riley and him are on the same page when it comes to the offensive side of the ball and maybe Langsdorf has a few new things to add that Riley likes.

Interesting. Is there an article or interview on this?

See above post.

• Fire 1

See above post.

Thanks. Somehow I skipped over that.