Teaching, Trust Traditional Riley Traits

"Take it straight from those who surround Mike Riley’s inaugural season as Nebraska’s head football coach. Teaching and trust are top-tier tools that eight of the nine assistant coaches named so far intend to help reinforce and achieve the Huskers’ goal to win a Big Ten Championship and compete for national prominence. With nine of the 10 Husker coaches now in place, Nebraska’s staff has a combined 216 years of coaching experience, coupled with 56 bowl game appearances and 38 years of coaching in the professional ranks."

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=209840563

• Fire 1

"Take it straight from those who surround Mike Riley’s inaugural season as Nebraska’s head football coach. Teaching and trust are top-tier tools that eight of the nine assistant coaches named so far intend to help reinforce and achieve the Huskers’ goal to win a Big Ten Championship and compete for national prominence. With nine of the 10 Husker coaches now in place, Nebraska’s staff has a combined 216 years of coaching experience, coupled with 56 bowl game appearances and 38 years of coaching in the professional ranks."

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=209840563

I've been thinking about this, doesn't this staff remind you of the Minnesota one. Seem to stick together all the places they go?

• Fire 1

If these guys put up the same record as Pelini did I'll be happy as long as the team is competitive and doesn't show up looking like it's their first day playing Pop Warner football.

Well we saw what wins last night. A great foundation of solid fundamental football with great strength and conditioning. Once you've got that, then you can do whatever you want.

If these guys put up the same record as Pelini did I'll be happy as long as the team is competitive and doesn't show up looking like it's their first day playing Pop Warner football.

Well we saw what wins last night. A great foundation of solid fundamental football with great strength and conditioning. Once you've got that, then you can do whatever you want.

Along with a coach that understands how to manage people and personalities and doesn't melt down in the biggest moments.

• Fire 1

Along with a coach that understands how to manage people and personalities and doesn't melt down in the biggest moments.

Agreed. Once the head guy loses his composure, it trickles down the ranks.

A stable of 4 and 5 star athletes wouldn't hurt either (like OSU).

A stable of 4 and 5 star athletes wouldn't hurt either (like OSU).

I agree that doesn't hurt, but if Riley is apparently so good at developing players and finding "diamonds in the rough" he should be able to work with the talent we have here now without much issues.

The attitude of the head man in any organization trickles down.

• Fire 1

The attitude of the head man in any organization trickles down.

you could see that in the Baylor/MSU game, Michigan coach was cool and focused, kids were too, they knew what to do and did it!