Mayhaps An Explanation Be In Order?

Who wants an explanation?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess many of us feel like an explanation would help us understand the seemingly arbitrary nature of the bans. Why some posters are banned and some seem able to do and say anything they want.

That's pretty much where I'm at with all of this. I look at the list of people getting banned and can't figure out why other posters seemingly post garbage all the time with immunity.

Most (not all) of the banned members have had suspensions in the past. That means that by technicality it's within the rights of the staff to ban them at any time. Thankfully we have a board that is in general very lenient, but the negative side of that coin is that leniency is expected and taken advantage of at all times.

• Fire 4

I guess many of us feel like an explanation would help us understand the seemingly arbitrary nature of the bans. Why some posters are banned and some seem able to do and say anything they want.

That's pretty much where I'm at with all of this. I look at the list of people getting banned and can't figure out why other posters seemingly post garbage all the time with immunity.

1) Who are these "other posters?"

Landlord, most specifically. Christ, he posted a picture of some girl's driver's license and he didn't get banned for that?

• Fire 2

It's pretty clear he's the designated scapegoat for the folks most displeased with current HB trends, but I can't stress enough how off base that is. Landlord had/has nothing to do with anything that's happened recently.

What would expect to happen when what has happened hasn't been divulged to anyone? They are going to speculate and come to their own conclusions.

• Fire 1

It's pretty clear he's the designated scapegoat for the folks most displeased with current HB trends, but I can't stress enough how off base that is. Landlord had/has nothing to do with anything that's happened recently.

I'm not blaming landlord for currently banned members. You asked where the double standard was, I pointed to one.

• Fire 2

I'm not blaming landlord for currently banned members. You asked where the double standard was, I pointed to one.

That's my mistake then, but it comes from his name being brought up over and over in the banned members discussions. But that's wrong. Landlord has not gone unscathed. We don't tell everyone that Landlord was suspended or banned or anything because that's not everyone's business. He's been through the wringer, he'll confirm that.

@StPaul - I understand the speculation, and I'd probably be right there with you if I wasn't a Mod. It's human nature. Eric the Red is working on a "state of the board" post as his time allows, and that should give folks more of an idea where we are and where we're going. Not everything, but some explanation.

But landlord knows what he was suspended for? The same can't be said for several of our newly banned members who have yet to hear from anyone affiliated with the board. Hence the double standard.

Every member I've suspended knows why they were suspended. I have no double standard.

Again, this focus on Landlord is bizarre. Why not pick any one of another two dozen posters who've been suspended or banned? Why him?

But landlord knows what he was suspended for? The same can't be said for several of our newly banned members who have yet to hear from anyone affiliated with the board. Hence the double standard.

Every member I've suspended knows why they were suspended. I have no double standard.

Again, this focus on Landlord is bizarre. Why not pick any one of another two dozen posters who've been suspended or banned? Why him?

Why landlord? Because the fat toad incident is one of the most incredible things I've ever seen on a Husker message board.

Let's just hope any lingering questions will be answered with the "state of the board" thing Eric's working on. I'm doing my best to answer people as I have the ability, but I don't have all the answers they want and I think I'm causing more frustration than helping. If that's the case, my apologies. I'm trying to help as I can.

Why landlord? Because the fat toad incident is one of the most incredible things I've ever seen on a Husker message board.

If Landlord had been permabanned for that status update, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now? Or there would be a different name in the conversation? I'm confused.