Nebraska football's Friday Night Lights camp

zoogs

https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1737303

Nebraska head football coach Mike Riley's summer football camps will have a new twist compared to what we've seen in past years.

Instead of an approach that featured overnight camps with dorm meal plans that ranged from $295 to $400 like we've seen in past years, NU will host a series of 3-hour one-day camps for high school prospects that cost $50. One would think this approach will make the 2015 camps more affordable and accessible to high school prospects around the country.

This is awesome. Here's the summer camps rundown:

Linemen (the GOLD): June 1 & 8

Skills positions: June 2 & 9

K/P/LS: June 5 & 12 ($30 and half the length)

"Friday Night Lights" Elite Camps: June 5 & 12

Big Red Weekend: June 6 & 13

It's a completely different approach than we've seen before that is less geared at making a big profit and more geared to giving as many players an affordable opportunity to work out in front of NU's coaches.

Really, really exciting. With this staff I'm not so sure if the season won't be the boring part. It's fun to watch them go to work and especially in this first year, to see their strategy as it's being formulated and coming together.

So, someone from a long ways away will have three travel expenses instead of one for the saw amount of time with the coaches.

Doubt many from far away would come multiple times. The elite kids from long distances will come for "Friday Night Lights" and "Big Red Weekend" which are consecutive days. The other camps are for anyone and more geared for kids trying to get noticed from NE/KS/SD/CO/IA.

Only thing that sucks is they did away with the 3 day camp that was geared for the youth and up. We have been planning to bring my 2 boys to the one that was in July but they changed it all up. Although the prices dropped I don't for see us making a trip from Houston for a day camp. My 2 are only 7th and 8th graders next year but they are huge fans and just wanted to learn from some Husker coaches.

Your solution is move from the desolate hole that is Houston

I wouldn't call it desolate, but I whole hardheartedly agree that it is a hole.

Lucky me I live outside of Houston lol. If there were jobs of my industrie I would move back to McCook. But that still wouldn't donme any good. I had a feeling with the coaching change the camps would change so it is what it is. Hopefully I can get them back for another game next season.