Clemson QB trolling Jameis

Clear cut top QB in the draft?

Ummm...no.

Being a successful QB in the NFL takes more than just physical talent. Manziel is finding that out right now. If i were an NFL owner, I would have absolutely no desire to have Winston on my team.

I know, right? And I am not sold on Mariotta if I am a GM either. Name one QB selected in the 1st round that had questionable character issues and/or physical limitation questions and become successful.

I can't think of any.

Ummm...no.

Being a successful QB in the NFL takes more than just physical talent. Manziel is finding that out right now. If i were an NFL owner, I would have absolutely no desire to have Winston on my team.

I know, right? And I am not sold on Mariotta if I am a GM either. Name one QB selected in the 1st round that had questionable character issues and/or physical limitation questions and become successful.

I can't think of any.

At least with Mariotta, I see a kid that is mature and understands his leadership roll on a team. I personally would take that over a kid who has physical talent that is a basket case mentally.

Ummm...no.

I can't think of any.

At least with Mariotta, I see a kid that is mature and understands his leadership roll on a team. I personally would take that over a kid who has physical talent that is a basket case mentally.

I agree. I wonder about his ability to handle the grind of the NFL. He just seems too laid back all the time.

Ummm...no.

I can't think of any.

I agree. I wonder about his ability to handle the grind of the NFL. He just seems too laid back all the time.

Having a QB that is laid back is not a bad thing.

Ummm...no.

I can't think of any.

Having a QB that is laid back is not a bad thing.

I know. But it's more about maybe the college game was too easy for him. He is going to go to an obviously bad team and be asked to do a lot. I just wonder what is going to happen when his team sucks for a year or so.

I know. But it's more about maybe the college game was too easy for him. He is going to go to an obviously bad team and be asked to do a lot. I just wonder what is going to happen when his team sucks for a year or so.

I think you could say that about any player taken in the top 15 spots. Chances are, they came from a successful HS and college program and are going to an NFL team that wasn't successful last year.

And, I would take a level headed/"laid back" guy in that situation WAY above some physical freak that has proven he can't figure out what are acceptable attitudes and actions while being the face of a football team.

Ummm...no.

I can't think of any.

Payton Manning

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11654158/manning-leaf-1998-draft

The closer we got to the draft, the louder the "noise"-- opinions from draft media analysts far and wide -- became, until it reached a crescendo. You were hearing all of the negatives about Peyton Manning: "He's a product of the system...He's not a good athlete ... He has a weak arm ... He can't win the big one."

Ummm...no.

I can't think of any.

Payton Manning

The closer we got to the draft, the louder the "noise"-- opinions from draft media analysts far and wide -- became, until it reached a crescendo. You were hearing all of the negatives about Peyton Manning: "He's a product of the system...He's not a good athlete ... He has a weak arm ... He can't win the big one."

Fast forward to the NFL:

Became a product of the system

Admits to not being a good athlete

Does have a good arm

Lost the big games far more than he won

Payton is a very interesting example to bring up since we all can also probably remember the debate leading up to the draft as to who was the better prospect...him or....eh em......Ryan Leaf.

Yep, I think I will take the QB that might be a little less physically gifted over someone who has really questionable decision making ability in their personal lives.

Ummm...no.

I can't think of any.

Payton Manning

Fast forward to the NFL:

Became a product of the system

Admits to not being a good athlete

Does have a good arm

Lost the big games far more than he won

So, what are you saying, I've got to name a 1st round who had questions about physical abilities or character coming into the draft who wasn't able to overcome those but was still successful? So, basically, someone who wasn't successful that was successful? Yeah, that's going to be tough. Real tough.

But let's try a couple of others. Michael Vick. He had character issues at VT and was a 3 time pro bowler. Long term, of course, he derailed himself but he played well long enough that you can't call him anything close to a bust.

Cam Newton: http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/cam-newton?id=2495455

Weaknesses

Not proficient at going through his progressions or making NFL reads. Doesn't anticipate receivers getting open, must see them in a window. Inconsistent accuracy due to poor footwork and falling away to avoid a big hit. Despite athleticism, needs to improve his drop mechanics and the finer points of pocket mobility. Numerous off the field issues worth investigating.

Terry Bradshaw, lots of questions about whether he was smart enough to be an NFL QB but he won a few super bowls.

John Elway raised a lot of questions when he refused to play for the Colts and forced them to trade him to a better team.