GT: Nebraska at Illinois - 9PM - BTN

I thought that was as well as we've played in the last month............but of course, it still didn't translate into a victory.

For a team with so many veterans back from last year, we make some of the dumbest on court decisions I've ever seen. Basketball IQ is seriously an issue.

If we would have had THAT version of Leslie Smith all year.........it might have significantly altered some things.

Still puzzled by the total absence of Fuller after starting a few games ago......??

Now.......My rant on the Big Ten Network:

When the earlier games inevitably go long..........why is it only shown on BTN2Go? Why can't they utilize those "alternate Big Ten Network channels? Why can't they continue to show the later game in the "corner view" like they do as a teaser? And finally, when it is obviously maddening to those waiting for the other game to get put on...........Why do they waste time showing the obligatory shaking of hands, etc. to further agitate fans?

End of rant.

This is mind boggling. Esp with Pitch not even making the trip. Boy ole Miles is really starting to wear the welcome a whole hell of a lot faster than i thought he would.

We actually passed the ball better last night That was the third-most assists we've had this year. The two ahead of it were Northwestern and Maryland.

Funny how if you actually have some semblance of an offense the results are better.

And...............

we lost by 12.

I agree. We're still not good. But we did at least look like we had a little bit of a clue on offense and were competitive for most of the game (against a team that also isn't very good).

I thought that was as well as we've played in the last month............but of course, it still didn't translate into a victory.

For a team with so many veterans back from last year, we make some of the dumbest on court decisions I've ever seen. Basketball IQ is seriously an issue.

If we would have had THAT version of Leslie Smith all year.........it might have significantly altered some things.

Still puzzled by the total absence of Fuller after starting a few games ago......??

Now.......My rant on the Big Ten Network:

When the earlier games inevitably go long..........why is it only shown on BTN2Go? Why can't they utilize those "alternate Big Ten Network channels? Why can't they continue to show the later game in the "corner view" like they do as a teaser? And finally, when it is obviously maddening to those waiting for the other game to get put on...........Why do they waste time showing the obligatory shaking of hands, etc. to further agitate fans?

End of rant.

This is mind boggling. Esp with Pitch not even making the trip. Boy ole Miles is really starting to wear the welcome a whole hell of a lot faster than i thought he would.

Expecting Miracles? We are not good, because Miles has not had chance to teach his recruits. He was lucky when he got Petteway. Without him last year, we would not make the NIT let allow the NCAA tourny. Parker & Rivers are not good D1 ball players. Smith is playing on 1 leg. T. Smith, Fuller & Webster are young. Only time will tell, but we also need to allow that time.

Groce was in a similar spot last year...and he waited and waited then he finally started his two true freshmen...Malcolm Hill and Kendrick Nunn...they took their lumps but they had some good games too.

I think it is hard for coaches to decide when they can start trusting freshmen

Agreed. Plus, Nebraska does not have those type of Freshman yet. It will be interesting to see how Morrow & Watson fit in for paying time next year. The biggest difference is that Groce had better players in his stable than Miles had at Nebraska. I still believe that Miles will make Nebraska competitive year in and year out.