Cornerback - Plenty of Competition

I like the guys we have as well but I'd take two more Mitchells without hesitation.

He was VERY hit or miss during his time and unlike Dennard, didn't play well against taller receivers imo. It was him getting burned by Lippett whereas Dennard I for sure had faith in in coverage against anyone. I think guys like Mosley, Lee, and Kalu will end up regarded as better cbs by the end of their time here.

But Mosley is taller than Josh Mitchell and Alonzo Dennard though, right? Those guys weren't too bad playing undersized.

Mosley is 5-10. Mitchell is 5-9. Dennard is 5-10. But that's not bad company.

Thanks, my mistake. For some reason I was thinking Mosely was a skinny six footer.

I like the guys we have as well but I'd take two more Mitchells without hesitation.

He was VERY hit or miss during his time and unlike Dennard, didn't play well against taller receivers imo. It was him getting burned by Lippett whereas Dennard I for sure had faith in in coverage against anyone. I think guys like Mosley, Lee, and Kalu will end up regarded as better cbs by the end of their time here.

I can agree with this. I think Mitchell had numerous good days, but was just too light. Which usually played into the bad days. Dennard was solid like a half back, roughly 210 pounds or so, and physical. Good in coverage; tough to outmuscle hm.

So you're going to focus on one play? Corners are going to get beat from time to time, especially by guys who are going to get drafted in the NFL. Lippett had 65 catches for 1198 yards last year. He had three catches against us while being targeted nine times. One was a big one but if you win two out of three against an NFL receiver, that's pretty good.

So you're going to focus on one play? Corners are going to get beat from time to time, especially by guys who are going to get drafted in the NFL. Lippett had 65 catches for 1198 yards last year. He had three catches against us while being targeted nine times. One was a big one but if you win two out of three against an NFL receiver, that's pretty good.

And his long TD wasn't against Mitchell if I recall

Mitchell had one INT and 13 passes broken up last year.

Trae Waynes from Michigan State - considered the best CB in the draft - had 3 INTs and 8 passes broken up.

Not saying that makes Mitchell as good but his stats compare favorably.

Yeah, considering Waynes will likely be picked in the top half of the first round, you'd think Mitchell might have a shot at getting picked in the middle rounds, say three or four. Based on the college stats anyway. But I guess it just doesn't work that way. Waynes is bigger and faster, and just more well suited to play in the NFL. Mitchell might not get drafted at all. And that might actually be better for his career. Then he (and his agent) will have some say as to where he goes. And he might be more likely to end up somewhere where he can make the roster. *Might.*

Yeah and the TD catch by Lippett was against J. Rose (on his first play in after Davie went down)

• Fire 1