Bathroom remodel

I think it looks great. I have a guy that is going to come out and take a look, he works pretty cheap. If he can do it for under 1,000 I will pay that in a heartbeat.

The one thing that might add some cost is having him put up that little 1/4 wall you have at the entrance of your shower.

How difficult to replace my old tub (>25 yrs) to a brand new tub? Standard 5' x 2'-6". I hope DIY :hellloooo . Metal, I think steel instead of cast iron. I contacted bathtub refinishing guy (actually overlay the original tub). The cost was almost twice the amount vs. brand new tub.

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here...

Remove and lift my old tub then install a new tub. Tight fit. Same dimension. I'm almost sure my old tub is steel instead of cast iron ..... cast iron is heavy as hell.

BTW, I never used it because secondary bathroom (5' by 8' guest bathroom)

How difficult to replace my old tub (>25 yrs) to a brand new tub? Standard 5' x 2'-6". I hope DIY :hellloooo . Metal, I think steel instead of cast iron. I contacted bathtub refinishing guy (actually overlay the original tub). The cost was almost twice the amount vs. brand new tub.

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here...

Remove and lift my old tub then install a new tub. Tight fit. Same dimension. I'm almost sure my old tub is steel instead of cast iron ..... cast iron is heavy as hell.

BTW, I never used it because secondary bathroom (5' by 8' guest bathroom)

I see. Shouldn't be too hard. If it was me, I'd watch the pros on YouTube and see exactly what i need to do.

I think it looks great. I have a guy that is going to come out and take a look, he works pretty cheap. If he can do it for under 1,000 I will pay that in a heartbeat.

The one thing that might add some cost is having him put up that little 1/4 wall you have at the entrance of your shower.

The wall isn't anything too expensive. The tile is the pricey part. I'm not 100% sure but I'd say this bathroom start to finish doing everything myself was somewhere in the realm of $2500

The wall isn't anything too expensive. The tile is the pricey part. I'm not 100% sure but I'd say this bathroom start to finish doing everything myself was somewhere in the realm of $2500

Thanks!

Thanks!

I will say that was taking the entire bathroom down to studs and starting from scratch.

That is a lot less than I would have expected.

Thanks!

I will say that was taking the entire bathroom down to studs and starting from scratch.

I figured that it what you meant. For mine, I just need that pre-fabbed shower taken out, some drywall put in and the tile work. The tile I am looking at was 1.39 last time. The tile and grout alone will be about 300 or so. Labor is where I am hoping it is around 1,000

That is a lot less than I would have expected.

Yep, we didn't use expensive tile. The tan ceramic tiles were I think $1.19 per tile and they're 13x13. Then the glass tile mosaic and the tumbled stone were both on clearance at Menards for $3 per 12x12 sheet IIRC. The mosaic on the walls are 1/2 sheet each, layed side by side. Then the vessel sink and faucet for the vessel were both ordered on eBay for WAY less than we could have bought them. And the vanity cabinet was something that was posted on a Facebook buy/sell site for $75. The toilet was only $98 as well. So we stayed pretty inexpensive but still got some high quality stuff.

Probably my favorite part of this project is the wood grain ceramic tile that we used for the floor. It's really sweet and durable!