Bathroom remodel

Will you still put in a shower door or just leave it open? I like the open look

No, it's meant to be left open. There's very minimal water that splashes out, so it works well.

That's how mine is, and I love it. Especially after I had knee surgery a few years ago, and only had to step over the lip rather than up and over the side of a tub. And no gunk on a door or curtain.

See...I want mine left open too. I hate trying to clean those shower doors. I also love the little half-ledge that he has in the picture.

I see someone is thinking of some shower sex.

Thats why I am trying to figure out where to put the hidden cameras

Make sure the lenses are fogless or it's all for naught.

What are you doing with the window in the shower? We had a house with that and it just was annoying. We ended up having to put a small shower curtain over it to prevent the water from getting in around it and rotting it.

We looked into ordering a frosted pane window, and it was really pricy, so we just bought a vinyl window from Menards that would fit the space, and I got a can of frosted glass spray to put on it. Then I tiled around the window pane so it would be water proof. It's really nice because we still get a lot of natural light in the bathroom without the neighbors seeing us naked.

Nice work HuskerShark. Looks good.

I like doing tile and plumbing and stuff like that. I have a pretty extensive background in plumbing (lots of years of work experience in residential and industrial plumbing) so that doesn't intimidate me. But the tile work, that takes me a bit longer but I find, if your patient and take your time, it can be pretty fun and satisfying.....especially if you get good results like you did.

What are you doing with the window in the shower? We had a house with that and it just was annoying. We ended up having to put a small shower curtain over it to prevent the water from getting in around it and rotting it.

We looked into ordering a frosted pane window, and it was really pricy, so we just bought a vinyl window from Menards that would fit the space, and I got a can of frosted glass spray to put on it. Then I tiled around the window pane so it would be water proof. It's really nice because we still get a lot of natural light in the bathroom without the neighbors seeing us naked.

Nice.

Will you still put in a shower door or just leave it open? I like the open look

I would only recommend a shower door if you have soft water. Otherwise they look bad after 20 showers and get progressively worse. I see you decided not to install one which was a good decision. Great job on the bathroom by the way!

Thanks for the tip. I like the little half-wall that he has on his.

I watched a lot of YouTube videos to learn how to do all of this. A contractor named Sal DiBlasi (I think that's how you spell it) has his own channel with a whole bunch of tile videos. Like I said, this was my first experience with tile, and there are a couple things that I'd do a little differently, but I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out.

Will the youtube videos also do most of the manual labor?

I watched a lot of YouTube videos to learn how to do all of this. A contractor named Sal DiBlasi (I think that's how you spell it) has his own channel with a whole bunch of tile videos. Like I said, this was my first experience with tile, and there are a couple things that I'd do a little differently, but I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out.

lol sorry, no. You not a handy man, MattyIce?

lol sorry, no. You not a handy man, MattyIce?

People call me lots of different names, handyman is not one of them however.

How difficult to replace my old tub (>25 yrs) to a brand new tub? Standard 5' x 2'-6". I hope DIY :hellloooo . Metal, I think steel instead of cast iron. I contacted bathtub refinishing guy (actually overlay the original tub). The cost was almost twice the amount vs. brand new tub.

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here...