RB distribution? What's Riley's past say.

Riley usually has one feature back that gets ~18-20 carries and another spell that gets another 10 or so. Bernard-Rodgers, Rodgers-Mccants, Ward-Woods. Last year Woods and Ward had more of an even role but in general it seems like that's the way he uses his backs

But has he ever had the depth of talent as this NU roster has in the backfield?

That's been a consistent theme coming from Riley. Has had same level of talent individually, but not as a whole.

Riley usually has one feature back that gets ~18-20 carries and another spell that gets another 10 or so. Bernard-Rodgers, Rodgers-Mccants, Ward-Woods. Last year Woods and Ward had more of an even role but in general it seems like that's the way he uses his backs

That's been a consistent theme coming from Riley. Has had same level of talent individually, but not as a whole.

I don't think we can claim to have great depth in the backfield just yet. Sure on paper it looks great, but none of our backs have really proven to be a consistent commodity in a gametime situation.

• Fire 1

I don't think we can claim to have great depth in the backfield just yet. Sure on paper it looks great, but none of our backs have really proven to be a consistent commodity in a gametime situation.

Especially Newby, who almost everyone is predicting to be the feature back.

Granted, Ameer got most of the snaps, but even when Terrell got his chances, he didn't capitalize as much as he/we would've liked.

• Fire 1

Of his starting running backs for his tenure at OSU, the only one with NFL talent was Jacquizz Rodgers. This is the opposite of Nebraska who seems to produce a RB that gets drafted every year.

In my opinion, we need to establish a main dominant RB. Someone who can and WILL get at least 20 carries a game. I have never been a fan of sharing (50/50) carries, just like having a 2 QB system. You need your main guy, and take him out for rest or large leads. Have your situational RB, like I think Cross will be (short and red zone/goal line). I just hope we don't see our starting RB returning kicks. This is where you see guys fall out towards the end of the season.

• Fire 1

Of his starting running backs for his tenure at OSU, the only one with NFL talent was Jacquizz Rodgers. This is the opposite of Nebraska who seems to produce a RB that gets drafted every year.

I think that is a stretch isn't it? Here is a list. Far from one every year (with the exception or our legacy years (90's)). Abdullah being the 2nd highest RB drafted in the last 25 years.

2015: Abdullah (2nd)

2013 Burkhead (6th)

2011: Helu Jr (4th)

2007: Brandon Jackson (2nd)

2001: Buckhaulter (4th); Dan Alexander (6th)

1999: Makovicka (4th)

1998: Ahman Green (3rd)

1996: Phillips (1st)

1994: Calvin Jones (3rd)

1993: Derek Brown (4th)

1990: Ken Clark (8th)

• Fire 2

I think that is a stretch isn't it? Here is a list. Far from one every year (with the exception or our legacy years (90's)). Abdullah being the 2nd highest RB drafted in the last 25 years.

2015: Abdullah (2nd)

2013 Burkhead (6th)

2011: Helu Jr (4th)

2007: Brandon Jackson (2nd)

2001: Buckhaulter (4th); Dan Alexander (6th)

1999: Makovicka (4th)

1998: Ahman Green (3rd)

1996: Phillips (1st)

1994: Calvin Jones (3rd)

1993: Derek Brown (4th)

1990: Ken Clark (8th)

Seeing this put together is a really cool reminder of all of the great rb's we've had.

In my opinion, we need to establish a main dominant RB. Someone who can and WILL get at least 20 carries a game. I have never been a fan of sharing (50/50) carries, just like having a 2 QB system. You need your main guy, and take him out for rest or large leads. Have your situational RB, like I think Cross will be (short and red zone/goal line). I just hope we don't see our starting RB returning kicks. This is where you see guys fall out towards the end of the season.

I agree with this. You cant ask a RB to get into a groove giving them only 8-12 carries a game. We need 1 horse and a good back up with a couple to share the other carries.