Why Are You an Atheist or a Believer?

Is it? I don't believe in God -- hence, I would be atheist. But theism =/= religion. To be (let's say Muslim) doesn't just mean a belief in God. It means a subscription to one particular human tradition as exclusively divine.

That was more towards Enhance.

The term would be Deist. The belief in a god of some sort, but not adhering to any holy book. Most of our Founding Fathers fell into this category, though many can't seem to grasp the concept, as somehow God must always equal their own God.

• Plus1 1

Is it? I don't believe in God -- hence, I would be atheist. But theism =/= religion. To be (let's say Muslim) doesn't just mean a belief in God. It means a subscription to one particular human tradition as exclusively divine.

The term would be Deist. The belief in a god of some sort, but not adhering to any holy book. Most of our Founding Fathers fell into this category, though many can't seem to grasp the concept, as somehow God must always equal their own God.

LOL....how does anyone really know what our founding fathers believed? Their quotes and writings have been bastardized and manipulated so many different ways to support what ever people want them to support.

f0a72881dabf1602f49665f714458c15.jpg

I know he tweeted that because I can see he has an iPhone.

ea5eee1eb542065a3a2735ce4870d00b.jpg

LOL....how does anyone really know what our founding fathers believed? Their quotes and writings have been bastardized and manipulated so many different ways to support what ever people want them to support.

f0a72881dabf1602f49665f714458c15.jpg

I know he tweeted that because I can see he has an iPhone.

ea5eee1eb542065a3a2735ce4870d00b.jpg

You could say the samething about a cerain old book.
  • Fire 1

Part of your post may have been directed to me, but, I never claimed to be an atheist. I'm a Lutheran. I only stated the Bible shouldn't be taken at face value and that I sometimes wonder what the true form of God really is.