Nebraska Toss Up Games in 2015

That included using past data like what Mike Riley has done consistently on offense scheme and production wise for the last 10+ years

It included how well teams did last year

When guys use past game data to try and bolster their view,

See Above and again below........

like when OSU beat a really down, injured Wisconsin team, worst in 5 years _

Dude, that's football, every team deals with injuries. It's part of the game, if you want to use it as an excuse to break down every win/loss then good luck because guys are dinged up every game whether you know about it or not

To think OSU was +7800 pass over run in last 3 years when the top Big teams were +2500, + 4300 run and +1300 pass

What were you saying about using past data? What are Riley's run pass numbers at Nebraska?

Redux, I am worried about you. I am finding myself agreeing with you and for the love of gawd, you sometimes with me.

I think what jmfb is trying to say, is keep your expectations realistic. He sees problems, I think we all do.

I have said a lot of things he is saying, but I started the day Bo got the job.

I see us losing to BYU or Miami, and do not feel it would be the end of the world. New coach, new system, both defense and offense. But it could just as easily turn into a stomp fest from our side. No one really knows. The mark of a good coach is being able to adapt his team to his talent.

We have a descent receivers and one possible super star. But we do not have a true passing QB. Most passes are never even close to being in stride. We are way too short on the QB side to be a pass first offense, and I think Coach Riley has been around long enough to know that. But there is the possibility of Armstrong being developed and progression becoming rapid with good coaching. We have not had that in quite a few years.

What he is saying is not negative to me. He is pointing out what might happen. We are not the bullies of the 90's. If we feel Cryst is a liability for Wisconsin, then you would have to feel the same about Riley. Cake and eat it to idea there it seems.

We have to play the games, no one can say they did it this last year, they will do it the same. Two new coaching staffs, could be totally different.

I am with Redux, all I am looking for is a team that plays 60 minutes, wants to win for Nebraska, and be in the game to the end. Win or lose that is all I ask for. No more lucky wins, no more giant blow outs, beat who we should and play the others, to the point they know they were in a game.

We do not have the talent nor the development of a pipeline like Wisconsin has. That is what we need to attain. Big old boys that live to play with the W on their helmets used to be our cry. They copied us and perfected it over the years. No rebuilding, just reloading. I expect that again this year. You would be foolish to think otherwise I think.

But we have a guy that has beaten top ranked teams, and did it soundly. He truly has more talent and support than he ever has. The kids seem to love him, the media is on board, and the fans that pay the bills seem to be behind 100%. I know I am happy with his selection, and grow more so every single day. sure there will be losses down the road, but as long as we are not stomped into a muddy puddle I can live with it.

just make Nebraska, Nebraska. Hard working, blue collar attitude, team before anything. That is Riley, always has been. I expect him to show us the way and expect us to all be very happy with him. trust me jmfb will be very happy to say he is wrong about this staff and team.

A summer to wait, to work, to develop, to learn to trust the other players and the staff. No short cuts, the Nebraska way all day , every day, every play.

We are going to be proud of this team and program. Believe it, Live it! Be it!

• Fire 1