Nebraska Toss Up Games in 2015

Maybe it isn't what Wiscy would have but regardless it is a home game for us. That helps.

Maybe Chryst knows the Big Ten, good for him. But he will have as much coaching experience at his new team as Riley will when they meet. Not worried about that.

Bo Pelini led teams have struggled to get up for big games, have faltered when something was on the line.

Sure they have an experienced RB and stout D. We aren't exactly falling apart at seams in either of those departments but we are less experienced.

Yes Abdullah is gone, we expected that. We have also replaced Burkhead and Helu and done okay.

Mcneese and NW were under Bo's watch. New era. Means Wisconsin is a long way from being a lock to win. Lets see how the team performs before writing them off.

Chryst coached at Wisconsin for 7 years-

Their DC has been at Wisconsin since 2013

The OC has been at Wisconsin for 3 years- back this year

Several more with WIsconsin and Big 10 experience etc

Im not sure we have a big coaching advantage over them

Rileys staff hasnt coached at NU or in the Big

Would love to see NU win this one

Sure as hope we dont lose one like OSU did 2 years in a row to IAA teams

In other words, dont count all the "chickens" before theyre hatched and look forward to beating the big boys

Got to take care of the Northwesterns, Iowas, Minnesotas and even Southern Alabamas first before realistically looking at the top tier guys

Ya I mean why even hope this year...might as well chalk up any close game as a loss...why even watch this season with that attitude

Season tickets since 1970- social event- something to do

I also have several former players on the team

You can go and have a good time- watching football games, no matter the outcome, if you approach the event right

Time with friends, absorbing the atmosphere, cheering the kids on, analysing the game etc

IMO only the crazy 9 year old kid with the corn head and foam finger who thinks NU is going to win every game every year gets real down about watching his team lose :hmmph

Losing sleep or getting uptight about my favorite college team losing a football game isnt something I personally do

Im not a 9 year old koolaid drinker who thinks my team is going to go 13-0 every year Im a realist that enjoys the game for what it is

What is it with you and 9 yr olds?

Beating Wisconsin will be a long shot at best, but that's why they play the games.

I hope we win, however expect not to be favored and to lose

Define "long shot" numerically.

5-1 or greater

5:1.....point spread 14

10:1...point spread 21

When the point spread comes out much more respectful to NU than you are, you might want to bet the farm on Wisky.

Maybe it isn't what Wiscy would have but regardless it is a home game for us. That helps.

Maybe Chryst knows the Big Ten, good for him. But he will have as much coaching experience at his new team as Riley will when they meet. Not worried about that.

Bo Pelini led teams have struggled to get up for big games, have faltered when something was on the line.

Sure they have an experienced RB and stout D. We aren't exactly falling apart at seams in either of those departments but we are less experienced.

Yes Abdullah is gone, we expected that. We have also replaced Burkhead and Helu and done okay.

Mcneese and NW were under Bo's watch. New era. Means Wisconsin is a long way from being a lock to win. Lets see how the team performs before writing them off.

In other words, dont count all the "chickens" before theyre hatched and look forward to beating the big boys

Got to take care of the Northwesterns, Iowas, Minnesotas and even Southern Alabamas first before realistically looking at the top tier guys

Ya I mean why even hope this year...might as well chalk up any close game as a loss...why even watch this season with that attitude

You can go and have a good time- watching football games, no matter the outcome, if you approach the event right

Time with friends, absorbing the atmosphere, cheering the kids on, analysing the game etc

IMO only the crazy 9 year old kid with the corn head and foam finger who thinks NU is going to win every game every year gets real down about watching his team lose :hmmph

Losing sleep or getting uptight about my favorite college team losing a football game isnt something I personally do

Im not a 9 year old koolaid drinker who thinks my team is going to go 13-0 every year Im a realist that enjoys the game for what it is

It gives those with comprehension issues a better feel for the mind set of what an adult fan who thinks NU will win all their games every year looks like minus the face paint.

Las Vegas has the over and under for NUs season at 8 games. They have no emotion and their line setting guy isnt wearing the corn cob hat and foam finger.

An unranked NU isnt going to go undefeated or even 1 loss except in the minds of little kids who believe in unicorns or those who think like them.

Please quote in the article where it said we were going undefeated.

It's great you don't take it personally when they lose and that you can look at it beyond fandom.

But simply because someone is optimistic about our chances to post a meaningful record for the first time in over a decade does not make them a 9 year old.

I think people might be reading a bit too much into what jmfb is saying. I'm optimistic that Nebraska's going to turn the corner with Riley and Co. at the helm, but it may not happen this year. Probably won't. That's just being realistic, and I see nothing wrong with that. I'm not trying to speak for anybody, but I'm sure everybody is well aware that nobody realistically expects us to go undefeated this season.

Please quote in the article where it said we were going undefeated.

It's great you don't take it personally when they lose and that you can look at it beyond fandom.

But simply because someone is optimistic about our chances to post a meaningful record for the first time in over a decade does not make them a 9 year old.

THe OP article on this thread was based on said NU would win every game with a possible slip up in a "trap game" against Minnesota

Not sure how a game against someone who has beaten NU 2 years in a row can be a trap game

You said: "With the right coaching, Nebraska SHOULD win every game."

I disagree with the article or the premise that this team could/should win every game or even lose just 1- even with improved coaching

There isnt any hard evidence or track record that shows this coaching staff can get a team like this to make some quantum great leap forward

Is there meat left on the bone- room for improvement- thanks to poor coaching/management by the previous regime? yes, but not undefeated or a 1 loss seasons worth

I hope they do, but there isnt anything concrete that says they can/will

• Fire 1

When my own kids were 9, they had these crazy, uninformed expectations- the privilege of being a 9 year old kid

But when they turned about 12-13-14, they ditched the foam fingers, corn cob hats and quit thinking NU was going to win every game every year. Still fans, still love the Huskers, but just a little older/wiser/reasonable

Some people never get beyond that

They all turned out pretty well, none living in our basement etc

I don't expect Nebraska to go undefeated or even 11-1 this season. I will even be surprised by 10-2.

What I was saying by that is that there isn't a team on our schedule, this year or most, that Nebraska shouldn't be able to beat on any given day. With the right coaching that is a realistic goal.

I don't expect Nebraska to go undefeated or even 11-1 this season. I will even be surprised by 10-2.

What I was saying by that is that there isn't a team on our schedule, this year or most, that Nebraska shouldn't be able to beat on any given day. With the right coaching that is a realistic goal.

Well that's different than what you said which was ""With the right coaching, Nebraska SHOULD win every game."

With the right coaching I dont think NU should win every game- I guess we cant agree on that. To win every game we would need to be a top 3 team. I dont know of any top 3 team that has had recruiting classes ranked in the 20s and 30s with an unproven coaching staff, poor defense and erratic QB play. NU isnt in the "should" category just yet.

Im not sure people get how good OSU, MSU and even Wisconsin are compared to NU right now and how good Meyer and Dantonio actually are. Not to mention Kills even Fitzgerald and others, when NU comes out in one of their predictable funks.

Can we beat someone on any given day, sure any given day thing happens all the time can vs should. We arent at should today

• Fire 2

K then

Redux, maybe you SHOULD just give up cheering for the Huskers. I mean, who wants to cheer for a team that is obviously going to get destroyed this coming year by every team except for South Bama. Even that game is a toss up.

• Fire 1

K then

Redux, maybe you SHOULD just give up cheering for the Huskers. I mean, who wants to cheer for a team that is obviously going to get destroyed this coming year by every team except for South Bama. Even that game is a toss up.

I think you're right Stumpy. Apparantely there is 0 chance of us winning many games this season or next. Wisconsin is apparantely almost an NFL team and Minnesota has beaten us twice in a row so that means we will lose this years match up too.

K then

I think you're right Stumpy. Apparantely there is 0 chance of us winning many games this season or next. Wisconsin is apparantely almost an NFL team and Minnesota has beaten us twice in a row so that means we will lose this years match up too.

Show me where I said that

We are a 7-9 win team next year, that;s what Ive said

Vegas has us at 8 wins

THe facts are the facts, however inconvenient they may be

Enjoy the games for what they are- no one here is actually on the team

The guys like in the OP who think we are going undefeated or lose just a single game play right into what many of the haters think about NU fans

I keep telling them it's a tiny foam finger, painted faced minority

Sumpys just mad because I showed him he was wrong about Dillard- with Dillards own words- no need to carry the grudge forward, you were wrong, just move on

Losing is no reason to pack your bags and being a fair weather fan like CU or Miami guys or the NU student section

K then

Show me where I said that

We are a 7-9 win team next year, that;s what Ive said

Vegas has us at 8 wins

THe facts are the facts, however inconvenient they may be

Enjoy the games for what they are- no one here is actually on the team

The guys like in the OP who think we are going undefeated or lose just a single game play right into what many of the haters think about NU fans

I keep telling them it's a tiny foam finger, painted faced minority

Sumpys just mad because I showed him he was wrong about Dillard- with Dillards own words- no need to carry the grudge forward, you were wrong, just move on

Losing is no reason to pack your bags and being a fair weather fan like CU or Miami guys or the NU student section

Inconvenient? You are the one who said "not happening" in your original response to whether Nebraska can beat Wisconsin...then later you claimed they "could win" not "should win"....if anyone is guilty of changing any debate it is you

• Fire 2